A Day Away From Normal [Chapter 9]

As I slowly wake up and sit up in my bed I see Aziria sitting in the corner of the room. I notice she's asleep. I slowly get out of bed and walk over to her. I put my hand on her shoulder and she jumps and twists my arm around behind my back.

"Ah, shit!"

I yell in pain.

"Oh, sorry."

She says as she let's me go.

"What the hell are you doing in my room?"

I ask while rubbing my still injured arm.

"Oh that's right."

She says.

"School was cancelled today."

I look at her.

"Why?"

I ask. She smiles

"Zen threw rocks through several windows, breaking them and putting holes in some of the walls, only me and him know."

She rubs her neck.

"Anyway, me, Vexx, Zero, Zen, and Vic are going camping. Do you want to come?"

She asks with a smile.

"Yea, sounds fun. Though, I'm sure Zero and I will keep fightin."

I say. She starts to jump out my window.

"I'll meet you outside, and don't worry, we'll keep you both under control."

She says as she drops down. I quickly grab my bag and run out the door. I meet up with Aziria and we quickly run into the woods. After running for a solid hour we arrive at the supposed campsite. Zero sees me and smiles. He walks up.

"Hey man! Glad you could make it."

I guess he thinks he's awesome cause he beat me.

He pats me on the back and walks over and summons his sword. He quickly cuts down a tree and smiles.

"Fire wood for later!" He proclaims.

Show off.

I think. I look around and see Vic asleep in one tree and Vexx sleeping under a bush. Aziria is setting up her tent and Zen is punching a tree.

What's wrong with him? Maybe he's just stupid.

I start to walk up to him but he spins around and throws a punch at me. I duck under it and kick his fist from under. I quickly steps back up as he shoots me a nasty look and goes back to punching the tree.

Man, these people are crazy.

I think as I climb into a tree.

I'm just gonna rest a little bit, wait until someone needs me.

I think to myself as I close my eyes. As I reopen my eyes I see its almost dark outside. I look down and see that everyone is asleep.

Damn, I blinked and passed out, must've still been tired. But still, it's weird I passed out thay fast.

I think to myself as I get down from the tree. I notice Dillan and Zero aren't at their tents.

Their probably just hunting or something.

I stretch my arms and pop my neck then walk over to my bag that I left by the tree Vic is sleeping in.

I guess she was really tired as well.

I think to myself as I pull out Nirioki in knife form and put it in my back pocket. I walk away and wander around the woods for about 12 minutes then I start heading back to camp. About halfway there I see a wolf asleep under some bushes.

A wolf? Here?

I think as I pull out Nirioki. I walk toward it slowly and hold my sword in a defensive stance. The wolf slowly moves and stands up. It looks at me and howls.

Is it going to attack?

I think as I keep my sword up. It sits down and tilts it's head looking at me. It quickly looks away and runs away.

Something spooked him. I turn around and see a man standing against a tree staring at me.

"Who are you?"

I ask. He takes a step toward me and laughs.

"I wouldn't act so tough when everyone else is asleep."

He says with a sinister grin. I pull up my blade, readying myself to attack.

"Well, what do you want?"

I ask. He takes another step toward me. He laughs harder.

"I want to rule over the pathetic human race!"

He says with crazed eyes. He charges toward me and swings frantically. I easily dodge, and as I'm about to counter attack and punch him in the face Vic kicks him in the side of the head.

"Stupid cocaine addict."

She's mumbles to herself. I look at her.

"How did you know he was on drugs?"

I ask. She looks at me.

"I can sense what drugs someone's recently used, If their sick, and how powerful they are. I'm also pretty good at knowing if someone is lying."

She says before walking back to camp yawning. She holds up her hand and signals for me to follow her. I stand up and quickly run to catch up. A few minutes after we get back to camp Aziria wakes up and makes a fire because she was cold.

It is kinda chilly out here.

I think as I sit by the fire. After a little while of just getting comfy by the fire. Vic walks over and sits next to me.

"Hey Kai?"

She says. I look at her and reply.

"Yea?"

She laughs lightly.

"Zero and Dillan aren't in the woods right now."

She says still laughing.

"Where'd they go?"

I ask. She smiles and looks at the sky.

"They went back to Dillans house, for privacy I guess."

She says still laughing lightly.

Weirdos.

I laugh.

"Or maybe your presence scared Zero off and Dillan followed."

Vic laughs and then Zen walks over and sits on my other side. Zen looks at me and smiles.

"I want to fight you."

He says with with a grin.

Oh great, another one. Why do most of these people seem battle hungry?

I shrug and stare into the fire. He slaps me on the back.

"One day we will fight, and I'll kick your ass all over the place."

He says grinning. I roll my eyes and lay down on the ground. Vic stands up and jumps into a tree and looks around. As I watch Zen he walks over to a fallen tree and lays down in it.

Isn't that the tree he was punching earlier?

I think to myself, watching him.

Oh well, it doesn't really matter.

I think as I look at the sky and slowly start to close my eyes.

"This was more fun than school, that's for sure. But, doing anything is more fun than school. Probably just a waste of a day, this wasn't really camping."

I mumble to myself as I stare at the stars.

I've slept enough.