Unlock! A New Power Discovered [Chapter 13]

Anix runs at me again swinging his blades. I block one set of blades but he moves his other arm around my sword and stabs me in the stomach.

"Gah!"

I yell as I cough up a little blood. I jump back and cover my stomach with my left hand and keep my sword in my right hand.

I got to go into my first release of I even hope to survive this.

I think as I close my eyes and feel my body heat up.

RELEASE!

I open my eyes and energy surges around me. My hair falls in front of my eyes and I notice I have a longer tail than usual.

"Woah."

Anix says while smiling. I grit my teeth and channel my energy into my sword. It grows in size and energy starts emanating from all over my body. I teleport to Anix and punch him in the face through over 100 trees. I pop my neck, then ready my sword. Anix comes running at me and I swing my blade with everything I have. I send a wave of shredding air and energy at Anix.

He pulls his wrist blades up, but he gets blown back through 3 acres of trees.

He can't beat me, not like this.

I think as I swing several times toward him and send wave after wave of shredding wind toward him. Trees are being ripped apart and knocked over while the dirt and dust from the ground gets kicked up. After a few minutes of me sending a barrage of attacks his way, I stop and hold my blade at my side. I hear him laugh and see him start walking toward me.

"That wasn't half bad, but that won't beat me."

He says as red energy starts swirling around him.

"Nadeok!"

I hear him yell and the energy fades away. He has a tail like mine, and his wrist blades are longer. He is standing about 100 feet from me laughing.

"What's so funny?"

I ask. He doesn't reply. He swings at me from where he is and a wave of pure energy hits me and launches me back through an 200 feet of trees. I lay against a tree in shock while struggling to breathe.

He's strong. He's very strong.

As I stare at him I see him appear right at me and kick me through another 100 feet of trees, stopping as I bounce off a large boulder. As I look at myself I see myself bleeding alot and my tail is shattered. He suddenly appears at me again.

"It's over, Kai!"

He says as he pushes one of the pairs of wrist blades through my chest. I try to yell in pain but it's no use. Everything is going blurry and getting dimmer.

Is this it?

I think as everything goes black.

"Am, am I dead? No. I can't be dead. He wouldn't kill me, this is a test right?"

I say to myself. I notice I'm in the pitch black darkness again.

"Kai, why do you fall so easily?"

I hear someone say behind me. As I turn around I see nothing.

"I shall grant you my power. Show this guy who we are!"

The voice yells as I'm brought back into the bright light of the living. I feel energy swirling all around me. I grab my blade from the ground beside me and stand up.

This power is amazing.

I think as I notice I have 2 tails and my blade gets jagged edges on it as I channels my power into it. My hair grows longer and is completely black. I see Anix turn around and look at me. He frowns and points his wrist blades at me.

"Then we shall fight, brother against brother. I WON'T HOLD BACK, I'VE ALWAYS BEEN THE STRONGER OF THE TWO OF US.!"

Anix screams as he appears at me and kicks me through several hundred feet of trees and boulders. As I quickly stand up after being kicked.

Haha, I don't even feel any pain. This power, it's incredible.

I think as I grit my teeth and ready my sword.

"As hard as I can!"

I yell as I swing Nirioki with all I have. In the blink of an eye a mile of land is ripped apart, a thick cloud of dust and dirt kicked up. I hold my blade and smile faintly.

This power, it's unbelievable.

I think as I stare towards the mile of ripped land, I quickly revert back to my normal form and fall to my knees gasping for air.

I feel so drained. So this is what happens in second release. My body was pushed to the limit.

I think as I slow my breathing and take it easy, each breath feeling like daggers through my lungs. All of a sudden I hear someone walking toward me.

Damnit, my attack didn't stop him.

I quickly jump to my feet and ready my sword, but stumble slightly. I can't see anyone because of the thick layer of dust blanketing miles of land around me. I see a shadow of someone getting closer in the dust. They stop about 30 feet in front of me.

"How can you still be standing?! I hit you with everything I had!"

I yell. He says nothing.

"Answer me! How are you standing?!"

I yell once more. Then from behind me I hear him say.

"Well, it did hurt. But I had to use my second release to survive it. Also, who is that standing in the dust?"

I quickly turn and see him standing right behind me. He's looking over my shoulder. "If you're here with me, then who is that standing In the dust?"

I mumble. "I have no clue, little bro. But I can feel massive amounts of energy coming from that person. Also, it's rude that you tried to kill me."

He says readying his weapons. I see him ready his weapons, so I ready Nirioki.

"By the way, Kai."

Anix says. I look at him out of the corner of my eye.

"I was testing you to see if you were worthy to join Death Core. And you passed with more than enough qualifications. Your power is far greater than I imagined. You were never in any real danger against me."

He says with a smile.

"Thanks, Anix."

I murmur, focusing my attention on the person standing in the dust. As the dust starts the get thinner I can make out the person is just a little shorter than me. They start walking toward me and in a familiar voice I hear.

"So, Kai, I hope you don't mind getting beat around by your girlfriend for a bit."

As soon as those words come out of the person's mouth, Rukia steps from the dust and stares at me. Rukia smiles and closes her eyes eyes and says

"If you don't attack me, I'll attack you. Who goes first?"