End of the Battle [Chapter 14]

Rukia is staring at me and Anix.

"I won't fight you, Rukia!"

I yell as she sighs.

"You used to say that you would fight anyone. What happened?"

She asks.

She's right, but I never thought that I'd have to fight the person I love.

I think as I grit my teeth. Rukia suddenly teleports straight to me and Anix and punches me and him in the gut. We both cough up blood and get sent through several trees. As I slowly sit up I see her walking towards us. I look at Anix and see he's out cold.

Great, he's out like a light.

I think as I look back to Rukia. She suddenly appears at me and grabs my throat.

Can't breathe!

I think as I struggle to get free. Rukia lifts me of the ground while holding my throat. She suddenly let's go of me and I start to drop to the ground. Before I hit the ground she kicks my in the stomach. I cough up more blood and get sent through several more trees. As I stand up I notice my hair is black with red streaks and I have a tail.

I guess I went into 1st release to survive that. Like Vic said, It seems to be a survival instinct.

I think as I channel my energy into Nirioki. I teleport to Rukia and swing at her. She catches my blade and stops it with one hand then punches me away from my blade and her with the other hand. She punches me back over 100 feet. As I slide across the ground, I look to her and see her holding my sword with one hand and staring at me. She tosses my blade aside and starts walking toward me. I quickly stand up and pull my fists up into a defensive position. She quickly teleports to me and throws a right punch toward my face. I duck under it and start moving toward her to punch her, but she brings her knee up and knees me in the face, knocking me off balance. I stumble back as she jumps toward me and delivers a spin kick to the stomach and sends me several feet away from her.

I can't move. I can't even fight.

I think as I watch Rukia slowly walk toward me. I struggle to get up.

My body is at its limit. This is it.

I think as I close my eyes. After a few moments I open one eye and see Rukia sitting on the ground in front of me smiling. I slowly sit up, gritting my teeth from pain. When I sit up I take a deep breath and look at Rukia.

She didn't ever even change. I never saw her go into a released state.

She helps me up and hugs me.

"Gotta admit, there were times when you were pretty strong. Too bad you couldn't maintain all that power."

She says as she kisses my cheek and starts walking away. I try to speak but I can't, no matter how hard I try. I'm too scared and shaken up to speak. Rukia suddenly vanishes. I stare blankly at the sky. Suddenly I feel a hand on my shoulder. I look and see Anix standing beside me.

"Who the hell was that?"

He asks. I sigh lightly and shakily.

"That's my girlfriend."

I mumble. He look at me and pats my shoulder.

"That's rough. Sorry to hear that."

He says. I look at him and shake my head.

"She's normally sweet and kind. I don't know why she went nuts and attacked us. Hell, I didn't even know she was that strong. I thought she was human."

I murmur whime Anix helps me up and creates a portal back into the old building.

"Before we go back to the normal realm, I need to tell you. Your girlfriend was exerting enough energy to be in a 1st release. She's strong, keep an eye out. But what concerns me more, she easily entered this pocket dimension without using the front door."

He mumbles as he walks through the portal.

So my girlfriend is that strong, huh? Is that a good thing or a bad thing?

I think as I walk through the portal and see Aziria sitting in a chair asleep. Anix whispers to me.

"It's 3 am here man, time is distorted in the other realm."

I look around and notice most of the people are asleep. Anix pats me on the shoulder and walks over to a couch and lays down.

Some people are sleeping on the floor, some in chairs. And Anix is on the couch.

I think whw looking at everyone. I walk over to a empty corner and sit down. After a few minutes of blankly staring at a wall and thinking about Rukia fighting me I start dosing off. I wake up not too long later and see Aziria walk outside and close the door.

Where is she going?

I think as I stand up and stretch my aching body.

That corner is a horrible place to sleep.

I walk quietly to the door, then open it and go outside. I close the door quietly behind me and look around for Aziria. I see her down the street a little about to turn around a corner at the end of the street. I slowly follow her. After following her for 30 minutes I see her walk onto the porch of a house. She turns around.

"Why have you been following me?"

She asks staring directly at the bush I'm hiding in. I stand up.

"I saw you walk outside and I wanted to see what you were doing."

I reply as she opens the door to the house.

"I'm gonna sleep on something comfy."

She stretches as she stands in the doorway.

"Cool, cool. Well I'm walking back to the house. Have a good night Aziria."

I say as I start walking away. She sighs.

"I got a couch. You can stay the night here. Besides, I slept in your room once."

She says. I turn around and see her staring at me.

"Come on, I got cookies. You're a kid, you love cookies."

She says, jokingly.

"Cookies!"

I think as I speed walk to her and nod. She shakes her head and sighs then walks into her house.

"You really are like a child."

I walk behind her and close the door. She walks into the kitchen and walks back with a plate of cookies.

"Enjoy, well I'm goin to bed. Don't stay up to late and don't break anything. Those were leftover from the yesterday, so feel free to eat them all. Otherwise I'd throw them out."

She says, obviously tired as she walks into her room. I walk into her living room and sit on her couch. I eat the cookies quietly and put the plate on a small table.

This is a nice house.

I think as I lay down on the couch.

Aziria is really nice.

I think as I close my eyes.