Easy hunt [Chapter 29]

I roll around in my bed wide awake trying to relax.

I've been in bed for roughly 2 days and my body is healing very nicely.

I think to myself as I sit up in my bed and don't feel any pain. My bedroom door suddenly flings open as Zero comes running in.

"Hey! There's some low level demons around the area."

He says as he grabs his sword from his back.

Wow, what timing?

"I'm not completely healed yet."

I say.

"That doesn't really matter. It's a weak demon, not like we're gonna have to go into a release to fight it."

Zero says with a grin. I smile lightly and hop out of bed, against my better judgement.

"Fine. I was getting bored in here anyway."

I say, grabbing Nirioki from my bedside. Quickly sticking it in my pocket. Zero quickly rushes put my door and shouts back to me.

"Come on, let's get going."

I smirk and run behind him, quickly closing my door behind me. We quickly run outside and across the street to the woods. As we run through the woods we feel a small amount of energy in the distance. We quickly run that way. As we run that way we feel the power gradually get stronger.

This power level is lower than most demons.

I think as Zero and I stop and see a man sitting next to a bush. He has pale white skin and a large sword on the ground next to him. He looks up at us and frowns.

"Why me? I'm not even a major threat."

He says as he stands up. Zero laughs and spins his sword around.

"But your still a threat non the less."

Zero growls while he points his blade at the demon. The demon laughs.

"Well in that case, maybe my friends can be more of a threat."

He says as he raises his hand and snaps. Demons quickly jump from behind bushes and trees and surround me and Zero. I quickly count them.

There's 10 of them, most of them are weak but I feel the presence of a stronger one.

I think as I summon Nirioki to it's true form. Zero jumps forward and cuts one demon in half then quickly jumps back. The demons top half and bottom half hit the ground. The demons top half grows a new bottom half and the demons bottom half grows a new top half.

"Shit, they clone themselves everytime one gets cut in half."

Zero says as he sticks his sword in the ground.

"Demons like this annoy me."

He says as his blade has lightning channel through it suddenly. He jumps toward a demon and cuts it. His sword cuts it lightly but the demon huts the ground twitching.

"My sword can paralyze, shock, or disintegrate whatever it touches, depending on how much energy I channel through it."

Zero says while he smiles and jumps toward another demon and cuts it. Every demon he cuts starts twitching and hits the ground. I watch Zero cut multiple demons. I see a demon jump at me from the corner of my eye. I quickly spin to face it and kick it back. The demon falls back onto the ground and slowly gets up.

"These demons are extremely slow."

I mumble under my breath. I kick the same demon in the head and knock him against a tree. Zero laughs and cuts the rest of the demons and paralyzes them. Zero lays his sword on his shoulder and sighs.

"They are too weak, even I want more of a challenge."

He says as we feel the presence of people nearby.

"Kai, I can feel people coming this way."

Zero says as he backs up.

"There's alot of them and they're all coming this way."

He says. Suddenly 10 men run from the woods and aim guns at us. I notice all of the men are wearing black.

"Military?"

Zero asks under his breath. A man walks forward from behind them and stares at us.

"You two are coming with us."

The man growls.

"Who are you?"

Zero asks.

"You can call me Commander Alen."

The man says.

"Ok, Alen, why are we going with you?"

Zero asks, grinning widely. Alen pulls a knife out of his pocket.

"Cause if you don't, we'll kill ya."

He says, running towards us. Zero steps forward and swings his sword. Zero's sword cuts right though Alen's knife but purposely doesn't his Alen. Alen looks shocked and jumps back.

"Hm, plan B then."

Alen grumbles as he looks back at the 10 men behind him. They all open fire on us and Zero and I jump back behind some trees.

"Shit."

I hear Zero say. I look over at him and see his shoulder bleeding slightly.

This is bad.

I think as I jump up into the tree and summon energy to my sword. I feel rage overtaking my body.

They shot him.

I think as I grit my teeth. I jump from the tree over them and land behind them. They all turn around as I cut their guns barrels off and jump back into a tree behind me to hide. Alen laughs lightly and claps.

"This is better than I expected."

He says.

Better than he expected? What's he talking about?

I think while staring at him through some leaves.

"Did you really think that we didn't notice that massive blasts of energy and destruction in the woods? Or the temperature dropping down seventy degrees in the span of five minutes?"

Alen says laughing. I feel stupid after he says that.

I never thought about that, damnit of course he knows about our power then.

I think to myself as I see a few men drag Zero out from behind the tree. I see he's unconscious.

Damnit.

I think as I start to jump out to save him.

"We only need one, if you move, we will shoot him."

Alen says. I freeze as he says that. The men drag Zero away. I grit my teeth and squeeze my sword. I hear Alen laughing as he walks away. I hear a small ping. Like 2 small needles hitting each other. Then I hear something roll to the tree. I quickly look down and see a grenade.

"SHIT!"

I yell as I jump away. The blast wave sends a limb right toward me. I knock it aside just as another limb goes past it and hits me in the head. Everything instantly goes blurry as I feel myself falling through branches and limbs of another tree. As I hit the ground I see leaves falling from the sky. Slowly, everything goes dark as I black out.