Rescue Mission [Chapter 30]

As I slowly open my eyes I see the sun going down. I sit up and shake my head.

"Damnit, they got Zero."

I mumble to myself as I stand up.

"I have to tell everyone, we must save Zero."

I say, starting to run through the woods and back toward town. After several minutes of running through woods, stumbling every several feet from my headache, I reach town. I trip and fall into the street.

Damnit, my body is so weak. I wasn't fully healed yet.

I think while I slowly stand back up. I hear a door down the street close and feet patting on the ground as someone runs toward me. I look up and see Aziria running toward me.

"Are you ok?!"

She yells as she stops by me.

"No, they got Zero!"

I reply.

"Who got Zero?"

She asks.

"The military got him!"

I yell. As I say it a look of shock goes across her face.

"I'll tell everyone, just don't move much, you look beat up."

She says as she starts running away. I slowly make my way to a area of grass slightly off the road and lay on it.

We will save you Zero, I promise.

I think as I black out. I soon after wake up and sit up.

"It's dark out?"

I say while I look around. I look down the street and see several people running towards me. I stand up as Aziria, Raycar, Vic, and Vexx get close to me. They all stop close to me.

"Ok, Vexx is gonna track them, we'll follow."

Vic says as Vexx turns into a wolf and looks at me.

"Take us to were it happened so Vexx can get a scent."

Raycar says.

I'm still wrapping my head around the fact that Vexx is a animal.

I think, quickly running back into the woods back to were Zero was taken away. As we get there Vexx jumps in front of me and sniffs the ground. After a few seconds he starts running through the woods. We follow closely behind. After a hour of running we finally come to a hill top. We look down and several hundred feet away is a military base.

"There it is."

Raycar says as he summons his sword to his hand. I see Aziria grab her sword and run toward the gate.

"Shit!"

I hear Vic say as she tries to stop her. Raycar and I quickly follow after them as Vexx lays down next to some bushes. Aziria jumps over a 8 foot fence as several troops see her and open fire. She luckily doesn't get hit and she jumps toward one of the guards. She cuts off his head and picks up his gun. She jumps up high and starts shooting each guard. In a matter of seconds all of the perimeter guards are dead. I watch in shock from the other side of the fence.

I jump over the fence and run up to Aziria.

"What was that?! You could've gotten hurt! And we didn't have to kill them, only knock them out or subdue them!"

I say as she rolls her eyes.

"These scumbags abducted our friend."

She says as she looks around and sees a main entrance to the inner facilities.

"We go in, we get Zero, we get out."

Aziria says as Vic and Raycar walk up behind me.

"It's the only plan I wanna go with."

Raycar says as he smiles. Vic sighs and nods.

"Fine."

Aziria runs toward the front door. She slashes the door into pieces and walks through as we follow. As we walk in we see several jeeps and alot of guns on racks. We run through the room to the staircase on the far wall. As we enter the stair well we look down and see alot of floors below us.

"Damn."

Raycar mumbles.

"I count 12 floors built underground."

He says as he jumps over the railing right to the bottom of the stair case.

"It's faster."

Aziria says as she jumps over the railing as well. Me and Vic soon follow and land on the bottom floor. Aziria quickly opens the door and in front of us we see Zero on the far wall. He's on his knees and his arms are being held up by chains. As we run over to him he looks up. His face is bruised and bloody and his clothes are ripped.

He's obviously been beaten.

I think as Aziria cuts the chains off. As she cuts the chains Zero falls to the floor. She helps him up as we hear clapping behind us. We all turn around and see Alen and 20 men behind him.

"Now isn't this nice, we got the whole group here."

He says with a sinister grin. Raycar growls.

"This isn't all of us."

He growls while gripping his sword harder. Zero coughs up blood and I snap my head around to look. I quickly turn my attention back to Alen.

"You hurt our friend, ready to face to consequences?"

I ask angrily. Alen laughs and claps.

"That's gold, you think you can beat me!"

Alen laughs loudly.

"I don't think we can, I know we can."

I growl while summoning Nirioki to full form. Alen laughs more and signals his men to give him a weapon. I stare at him as one man gives him a gun that has four spirals on the barrel.

"What kind of gun is that?" I mumble.

"Oh, this? This is just a weapon we made from your friends energy. We don't quite know what it does. But we're about to find out."

Alen says as he points it at us as energy starts forming in the barrel.

"What do we do guys? If we try to get to him the 20 guys behind him will shoot us. If we don't move that gun might kill us."

Raycar says as he grits his teeth. The gun is still charging as Aziria speaks up.

"I don't know, it seems either way we will most likely die."

Aziria says as she stares at Alen. We all feel a rush of energy as the gun finishes charging up.

"Time to test the gun!"

Alen yells as he pulls the trigger. Raycar teleports to Alen and grabs the barrel as he pulls the trigger. The force of the energy that hits Raycar launches him back to us, with Raycar still holding the gun. The energy discharges and blinds us instantly.

"Shit!"

I hear Aziria yell as we fall through a green cylinder. I see a white light quickly approaching at the end of the cylinder.

"What is this?!"

Aziria yells as I hit the white wall and black out.