Awakening [Chapter 3]

The creature grabs me and picks me up.

Damnit I can't fight this.

It's mouth dislocates and drops close the ground.

Oh no, it's gonna try to eat me.

I struggle to get free.

No use, this is it.

All of a sudden I feel the air heating up. The creatures jaw closes and it drops me. It looks around quickly, as if it suddenly it's helpless.

"Begone."

I hear a familiar voice say as someone jumps close to the creatures head and kick it right in the jaw. The creature is sent through several trees.

Who, or what is that. He just kicked that creature through some trees. Damnit, what's going on here.

I think as I slowly walk backward. The person that kicked it slowly turns to me.

Hey wait, that's the zero guy. Zero, he's strong. Is he human?

He starts to walk toward me but as he's walking the creature jumps out at him. Zero quickly grabs his sword pendant that's on his necklace. He rips it off and mumbles.

"I said begone."

The sword grows into a huge katana and with one blurred swing, cuts the creature in half. The sword then turns back into a pendant and a necklace. He puts it around his neck and starts walking back toward me. Zero holds out his hand.

"Need help?"

He says. I grab his hand and he picks me up. He stares at me for a moment.

"How did you see that demon?"

He asks. I don't answer.

Demon? What's he talking about. Was that creature a demon?

He sighs.

"I guess you don't know much about demons."

He says.

"No, I don't."

I reply. He scratches his head.

"Well let me inform you."

He says.

"In this universe, there are demons and angels. A regular human cannot see either of those. If you are half demon or half angel you can see them. Same is true if you're a pureblood."

I interrupt him.

"Then how can I see them!?"

He smirks lightly.

"That means your either half demon or half angel, are a aforementioned pureblood"

I'm half demon or angel?! What the hell?!

"That makes you far stronger than humans. This was a weak demon. He didn't even have a first release."

RELEASE!? There's that word again! "What is a release?"

I ask. He rubs his neck.

"It's hard to explain, but an easy way to explain it is like this. It's like leveling up a video game character. Each level gets stronger. But a first release makes you around 200 times stronger than you were before. It's rare to get a first release. It's even more rare to get a second release."

I quickly ask

"Is there a third release?!"

He frowns. Sadly there's been only 3 people I can think of to ever have a 3rd release. Not to say there isn't more, that's just all I've heard of."