Living Inside The Dark [Chapter 12]

As I sit up in the hospital bed, I see it's daytime outside.

Man, I slept good.

I think as I rub my neck. There's a knock at the door.

"Kai, you have a visitor."

I look toward the door expecting a friend.

That's some incredible timing.

"Send them in."

I say, the door opens up and a man with long blonde hair, red jacket, and black pants walks in. I stare at him for a moment in disbelief.

"Anix?"

I ask quietly. He laughs and messes with my hair.

"The one and only."

He says smiling.

"It's been a while little bro, whatcha been up too?"

He asks as he sits in the chair next to me.

"Well, mainly just school."

I reply. He nods and stands up.

"Hey, you are being released in about 30 minutes. I already covered your bill. I'll be waiting in the lobby. I did have to use a little persuasion to get you out, but it doesn't matter."

He says as he messes with my hair and walks out the door.

My brother went missing 8 years ago, and now he's back.

I think as I see my backpack on the other side of the room. I get out of the bed and walk over to it. There's a note on the top of the bag. It reads.

"I thought you could need a change of clothes. -Your friend, Aziria."

She snuck into my house again and got my clothes!? She's weird.

I think as I change my clothes. A few minutes later a man opens the door.

"When your ready to leave head down to the lobby to sign a release form."

He says, I nod and reply.

"I'm heading down there right now."

I reach beside my bed and grab Nirioki, which is in knife form, then walk down out of my room. I look around and see a stairway. I quickly open the door to the stairway and see the number 2 beside it.

I'm on the second floor.

I think while I walk down the stairs to the first floor. I walk into the lobby and see Anix sitting in a chair with his head tilted back staring at the ceiling. I walk over to the main desk and sign all my papers. As I finish signing the release papers I turn around and see Anix standing at the door tossing keys up them catching them.

He walks through the door and I follow behind him. I see him get in a truck and start it. I get in the passenger side. He turns on the radio and unzips his jacket. I notice he's not wearing a shirt under his jacket. He has six pack abs and a tattoo of a star on the left side of his chest.

I bet he thinks he's king of the world with those abs and that tattoo.

I think to myself as we drive away. After a few minutes of driving we pull up to a old building.

"What are we doing here?"

I ask. He smiles.

"Just get out."

He replies as he gets out of the truck. He smiles and walks up to the door.

"I think someone lives here that you know, Kai."

I look at him.

Who could it be? And how does he know I know them?

As he slowly opens the door I feel a rush of intense energy leave the house. Anix takes a step back and then walks inside. As he walks in he yells.

"Papa's home!"

As soon as he speaks the people come rushing in from other rooms and are gathering around him. He slowly turns and points at me.

"That's my little brother that I told you all about."

He says with a smile. I see Aziria standing in the corner of the room smiling. I quickly point to her.

"WHAT ARE YOU DOING HERE?!"

I yell. Everyone laughs as she walks up.

"Well I am a member of this organization."

She says with a smile.

"Organization?"

I ask, confused. Anix speaks up.

"Yea little bro, this is where I live."

I look at him

"What's this organizations name?"

I ask with a raised eyebrow. Anix smiles and looks at everyone.

"We are known as Death Core. We are demon and angel bounty hunters."

He says walking up to me.

"Everyone in our family has been a member, now it's your turn. Well, not directly associated, but we've all hunted other angels and demons."

He says putting his hand on my shoulder. I stare at him.

"So you hunt angels and demons? For what?"

I ask while taking a small step back. He nods and reaches into his back pocket. He pulls out a piece of paper and hands it to me. As I open it, I read.

"To Death Core. We have noticed a sharp spike in the demons entering the mortal realm. Please deal with this and find the reason for them coming. Yours truly - Deyshon."

After I read it I look up at Anix. He smiles.

"We know what's bringing the demons here."

He says slowly. I take a step back and put my hand in my pocket calmly, grabbing Nirioki. He laughs.

"You, when you spiked in power when you discovered you even had power, you started drawing in demons."

He says as he takes out 2 metal wrist cuffs and slaps them around his wrists. 2 long blades come out of the top of the cuffs, right in between his pinky and ring finger, and his middle middle and index finger. On both wrists, his blades are 2 feet long each. I pull Nirioki out of my pocket quickly and summon it's true form. He laughs.

"We won't fight in here, follow me."

He says as a portal appears behind him. He walks through it and I run after him. As I walk through the portal I see I'm in a forest.

"Welcome to fight world, kid."

I hear a voice say from all around me.

"This place is infinite, so feel free to let loose with all your power."

The voice says as Anix walks out from behind some trees.

"I won't kill you, Kai. But I will beat you down, just like when we were kids."

Anix says around he comes running toward me. Bad memories flow through my head as I ready my blade.

"Forgive me, brother."

I mumble. I swing at him at the same time he swings at me.

"I won't lose!"

I yell as I bring my sword down on top of him. He blocks it with his wrist blades and pushes my sword back then kicks me in the stomach. I cringe in pain, but keep my eyes on Anix.

I won't lose.

I think, readying my sword again.

I can't lose.