Wielding Nirioki [Chapter 8]

I run as fast as I can up to a tree and swing Nirioki with all the might I have. My blade cuts halfway through the tree and then I yank it out.

I wish I could access my release form. I wish I had been paying attention to how I even got into a release form. All I can remember is thinking I was dead after she hit me in the gut with that energy. THATS IT!

I push my blade away from my body and turn the blade facing me, quickly taking several deep breaths. I scream as loud as I can and thrust the blade into my chest.

"RELEASE!"

Then nothing. I'm in the vast darkness once more. I feel a hand on my back. I quickly turn around and see a completely white person with 1 long black tail.

"Why did you kill yourself, Kai?"

It asks me.

"I was trying to summon your power."

I reply. He sighs then laughs.

"Well, I got you covered on power."

He says before I wake up on the ground with my sword in my chest. I quickly yank it out as my blood turns white.

So this is my angel side.

Once more I have a slender tail, and my hair is black with red streaks again. I channel my energy into Nirioki and it transforms. It gets exponentially longer. The blade turns from 3 feet, to about 6 feet. I laugh and swing my blade and evenly level and acre of trees.

I'm 10 miles from the nearest town, but I wouldn't be suprise if someone heard that. It would still take them a little time to get here if they did. Better make the most of my time.

I pick my blade up straight over my head and drop it. It sends out a wave of ice that freezes everything for several hundred feet in that direction.

Damn, what was that?

I think to myself as I look at my blade.

"Ice and wind huh?"

I hear a voice say behind me. I turn around and see Vic standing at the top of a tree watching me. She teleports down and investigates my sword.

"And to think I spent four years trying to get this sword to match my release form."

She mumbles.

"What are you talking about?"

I ask. She looks me in the face and sighs.

"Explaining this to you is difficult, but I'll try."

She quickly summons her sword, Evanesa.

"You remember my baby, Evanesa? Watch this."

She holds it over her head and yells.

"Release!"

The flame from her blade covers her body. As she walks from the fire she has long bright white hair with black tips and her sword is now a double sided axe.

"See, my body and my weapon changed when I went into my release state. Same happened with you and your blade."

She says with a smile.

"Get it?"

She says as her release reverts back to her normal form. I pick up my blade and stare at it.

"This is much stronger than its other form."

I mumble. Vic pats me on the back.

"And if you have a 2nd release it'll change even more and become far stronger than that."

I quickly swing my blade toward and other section of trees and again I cut down an acre of trees with one swing.

"You held back on that one."

Vic says from behind me.

"Yea."

I reply, starting to swing my sword again. Zero suddenly drops down in front of my swing and counters it with his sword.

"I still want to fight you, and out here, we can't show our powers to mortals!"

He kicks me in the head, but I'm unaffected by it. I quickly punch him and send him flying over the fallen trees. He quickly goes into his 1st release. I see him fly high into the air and quickly fly to me and swing his blade at me. I swat him like a fly using my tail and break his wings. He drops his sword and gets sent through several acres of trees by my tail. I step on his blade so he can't get it. After a few minutes he comes running at me from my side. As I look at him I see he's bleeding from the corner of his mouth, and his shirt is ripped off and he has cuts all over his body.

As he gets to me he jumps up and throws a kick toward my face. I simply grab his ankle and slam him down.

"That's enough!"

I hear Vic say from behind me. I turn around.

"Sorry, got carried away."

I reply with a smile. All of a sudden the ground starts shaking majorly. Zero yells out

"NEVER TURN YOUR BACK ON ME!"

When I turn around he punches me in the face a send me a mile through trees.

What the hell was that.

He appears right at me and he's standing on air. He has 4 wings and has 4 huge bones sticking out of his back where the wings meet his back. He grabs my ankle and throws me easily all the way back to where we were fighting. As I hit the ground he appears and throws me straight up into the air several hundred feet. Before I hit the peak of when he threw me he appears above me and stomps on me with one leg. I get shot straight down and crater the ground.

I slowly stand up after a few moments. My tail is shattered and my right arm is broken. As I look up, I see him bringing his leg down right on top of my leg. Vic appears and kicks him in the head and puts him in the dirt. He slowly stands up and reverts back to his normal form.

"I proved my point."

He says as he walks up to his blade and picks it up. It changes back into a pendant and he puts it around his neck.

"Kai, you'll never be as strong as me."

He says as he starts walking away. I collapse onto the ground in pain. I blink and I'm in my room, sittimg in the dark. I look at the clock.

3 am.

I look at my arm. It's wrapped.

Damn my arm hurts.

Then I see Nirioki propped up in the corner, so I get up and turn on the light. There's a note on the sheath of Nirioki. I take the note off and read it.

"You owe me, I dragged your ass home and healed your arm a little. I couldn't heal it completely, so I wrapped it so you wouldn't damage it further. From your savior, Vic Rosenheart."

I crumple up the note and throw it away as I turn out the light and lay back down.

Savior my ass.