A New Battle [Chapter 10]

As I look around, I see the smoldering remains of what was a fire.

"Damn, must've zoned out."

I stand up and stretch, I feel an overwhelming presence. I quickly look around and notice that everyone except Aziria and I are gone. Aziria is asleep, and as I start walking over to her I see a demon come running out of the woods, it's has 4 arms and a long tail. I quickly grab Nirioki and summon it's true form.

The demon swings it's tail at me, but I block it with my sword. I knock it's tail back and run up close and cut it's head off. As it hits the ground, another 2 come running out of the woods. They look practically the same, except 1 doesn't have a tail. I quickly ready my sword and jump up to the demon that doesn't have a tail and cuts it's head off, then I run over and cut the other demons legs off at the knees. I thrust my blade through its throat and quickly turn around to see Aziria in shock.

"I didn't even sence them getting closer, but I felt your power spike."

She says quickly turning around.

"There's so many of them she mumbles."

I laugh.

"There was only 3."

She quickly looks at me.

"No, there's about 50 in the woods nearby."

50!?

I think to myself, shocked. All of a sudden 10 small demons run out of the woods closest to Aziria, she quickly summons her blade and cuts them all in half with ease.

"Well, at least their weak demons."

Aziria says while slightly laughing. I quickly concentrate, trying to open my first release.

Come on, come on. I want to use this power.

As I open my eyes I notice that Aziria is staring at me. I quickly look at myself and see that I'm in first release. I channel my energy into Nirioki to make it a six foot blade again. I swiftly jump in front of Aziria and swing Nirioki with all I have, shredding over a hundred feer of trees and land. Aziria mumbles behind me.

"You, you killed all the demons."

I turn around and smile.

"I'm happier that I can summon my release more than I'm happy for killing demons."

I say. Aziria quickly points past me with a serious expression on her face. As I look in front of me I see a red cut in the air. It quickly opens up to a huge portal and 2 demons walk out. Both weilding 7 foot blades. I quickly swing my sword at the closest one and he easily blocks my attack. He raises his foot up and kicks me 30 feet into a tree.

I regain my balance and see he hasn't moved. But the other one isn't there. I see the other one running at me from the side, I easily pull my sword up and block his attack. I concentrate all my energy into my blade and it gets bigger. I lift it up and swing it downward with all the power I have. The demon blocks it but I cut right through his sword and chop him in half.

The other demon comes running at me from the front. I try to block, but my sword is stuck in the ground. As the other demons gets to me and starts to swing, Zen comes running up and sucker punches the demon and knocks him off balance; buying me just enough time to rip my sword from the ground and get back in the fight.

The demon is swinging his sword at Zen, but Zen keeps easily dodging. As the demon cleaves downward at Zen, he dodges then jumps on the demons blade and kicks the demon in the face, knocking it off its feet. I quickly run up and deliver the death blow by cleaving the demons head off. Zen looks at me with a grin.

"Looked like you were in trouble, so I felt like helping."

He says while popping his knuckles. I reply.

"Thanks, that might've ended badly if you hadn't shown up."

He quickly looks a where I cut down acres of trees and has a shocked expression on his face. As he starts walking toward the cut down trees and other demon comes from the portal. This one is weiding a 7 foot long pole with sharp spikes at the ends. He smiles sinisterly and vanishes and re-appears at Zen and stabs him right through the stomach.

He throws his staff at me and I narrowly dodge. As its about 3 feet past me he appears is and grabs, then spins around and hits me like upside the head with the staff. The impact of the staff sends me back 500 feet as I go through trees and bounce off the ground, finally stopping on my back.

I start to stand up, but he appears at me and picks me up by putting his hand on my throat. He holds me up then throws me about 30 feet away. Before I ever hit the ground he appears in front of me and kicks me in the stomach and launches me way up into the air. As I look down I see I'm about 200 feet from the ground.

I look back up after seeing a shadow. He's above me, and hits me with the staff again; launching me down to the ground. as I stand up, everything is spinning and my tail is shattered again. I turn around as he runs up and stabs me through the stomach with the staff, then quickly pulls it out and hits me in the head with it. I fall to the ground, bleeding. I see him start walking toward Aziria.

Aziria swings her sword at him, but he blocks it with his staff.

I got to get up! I have to help her!

I think to myself as I try to move.

No use, I can't move. that demon is going to kill her!

As the demon starts to swing his staff at Aziria, Zero suddenly appears in front of him and kicks him in the head. The demon stumbles back but doesn't fall. It grabs it's staff and channels his energy into it, suddenly turning it into 2 swords. Zero comes running and swings his sword at the demon, but it easily block with one sword then cuts Zero's stomach with the other sword.

I slowly stand up as the demon puts his sword on Zero's shoulders, slowly getting ready to decapitate Zero. I move sluggishly and dizzily while holding my blade and dragging my feet.

I have to help somehow!

I think to myself as I reach for the demon. I pull my blade up and start to cleave downward, but the demon kicks back and kicks me in the face, knocking me off my feet and causing me to drop my sword. The demon looks over his shoulder at me and smiles. Zero suddenly grabs the demons legs and trips him.

He gets in top of the demon and starts hammering on his face. After a few minutes the demon simply kicks Zero off of him and stands up, with not so much as a scratch. The demon quickly moves and stabs Zero with both sword. One sword goes through Zero's ribs, the other goes through the left side of his chest. As I start to black out from blood loss, I see Vic drop down and start fighting the demon.

"EVANESA!"

I hear call out, right as I black out.

Damn, I was useless.