Being Soulmates ~Sam Kim (Soloist)

Sam walked onto the university campus standing at the opening of the arts building, at a bridge that from extended it. He smiled, keeping a low profile, but hardly. He fixed his cap. The sun was setting, the sky ablaze with orange and yellow colors, yet yielding to the blue and soft pink tinted the sky. He looked down at the bouquet he held, and thought to himself of how he would surprise his friend. They haven't seen one another in 3 1/2 years. He never told his friend that he left, nor when he was coming back. He looked up and saw her. Hair glowing in the sunset. She watched her step as he walked to the middle of the bridge.

"Hana!" He shouted from the bridge, waving.

She stopped and looked up. He could see her smile.

"SAAAM!!!" Hana ran not stopping.

Sam opened his arms to her as she ran into them, being embraced.

"I can't believe it! You're finally back!" Hana stated, trying not to cry.

He twirled her around, missing her scent and touch. Then she stopped and pulled apart. She punched him hard enough for him groan in pain.

"Why didn't you tell me that you left?! You are a bad friend!" Hana pouted, hands crossed.

"I got you flowers? Dang you've gotten strong!" Sam responded, holding up the flowers.

Hana's smile reappeared.

"All is forgiven,"Hana reached for the roses.

Sam held them out of her reach.

"Nah uh, you just hit me. Give me a reason to give this to you after you did that," Sam asked.

"Aw come on... You love me that's why you're here old guy." Hana sassed.

Sam laughed, giving her the bouquet of flowers. She smiled and he returned it.

They've been friends for over 15 years and now. They were both 23, and he the idol who just came back from army service and she a senior in college in a masters in photography and composition in music. They were inseparable.

They met when they were 8, and they grew close. Throughout school, they always found a way and reason to speak to one another. Not keeping many secrets from one another. Much trust was given and received. They were soulmates.

Many asked if they would ever fall in love. Yes, they fell in love with one another, but fate seemed to have a different plan for them. Never loving at the same time, nor letting go was a choice. They stuck to one another.

They went to Hana's home, where Sam changed into casual clothing than his marines uniform. Hana took it and folded it neatly, putting it on the chair beside the guest bed in one of the three bedrooms. She left, closing the door behind her, to the kitchen to make dinner. She smiled with joy as she remembered his smile has been the same, his choice of words, his eyes, never changing. He walked out from the bathroom, seeing his neatly folded clothes in the chair beside the bed. He smiled remembering how her smile and eyes shined, and how her voice was what kept him going.

He walked out seeing his best friend setting up the table. The house was a nice size, sadly having to live by herself now, it was neat and tidied. He doesn't get how she could live by herself, in a home that accommodates an average family. He watched as her hair fell in front of her face, not wanting to be like the rest. Hana looked up and saw Sam, she smiled.

"Good, come and eat. You must be hungry." Hana said breaking the silence.

Sam nodded and walked over. He sat opposite of her. He smiled, smelling the delicious food that was laid in front of him.

"I made your favorite curry, with the bit of spice, and oh! Here some water." Hana smiled placing the cup in front of Sam.

They ate in silence. It was never like this, but what is there to expect? He left for 3 1/2 years, they never communicated since. Sam stopped eating and stared at her, as she ate, nonchalant.

"Hana," Sam let out heavy.

Hana looked up with concern.

"Is something wrong? Is the food not good? I'm sorry!" Hana said concerned.

"No. No, the food is great,"Sam responded with his hands waving at her,"I just-"

Hana hummed, acknowledging him. She kept eating, like how she normally would.

"I missed you. I missed you a lot." Sam confessed.

Hana put her chopsticks down, looking down at her lap.

"I'm sorry I didn't tell you I was going to do service. I didn't mean to just leave like that, but I needed time for myself. After the whole Mina thing, I've been thinking a lot-"

"Stop, Sam,"Hana responded cutting him off,"I know what you are going to say. I can't Sam. You know we can't."

Sam slammed his right hand on the table, standing up. Hana flinched at the action

"Why not?! I've waited for 10 years, Hana. There's no one in our way now. Why can't we?!"

Hana sighed. She got up and hugged him from behind.

"Please, not now. I just want to be happy to see you... You're scaring me..." Hana's voice cracking at the end.

Hana hated when someone got mad, especially Sam. She was scared of anger, and all of the things that can follow. She found a way to control it from Sam, and Sam could never resist it.

Sam turned and hugged her.

"Mianhae. Mianhaeyo... I didn't mean to scare you. I just miss you so much," Sam held her tighter.

"Me too, but I don't want this to end. And all the pain that may follow when being in love with me, you don't deserve that. I love you too much, Oppa..." Hana responded, as tears slipped from her eyes.

"I understand. Mianhae..." Sam patted her head, rocking her sideways, comforting her.

"I love you too, Hana." Sam responded.

They spent the rest of the night clean the kitchen and watching dramas, and movies. Soon, Hana fell asleep. Sam smiled, while looking at the girl who slept in his arms. He carried her to her room, and put her to sleep. As he finished putting the covers over her, he saw a letter on her desk. He picked it up. Tears brimmed in his eyes, as he read. He put it down leaving the room, and walked into his own room. He sat with his back upon the door, and wept.

He was hurt because he couldn't believe his eyes. His best friend, his soulmate, and the love of his life, was going to be taken away from him, and he can will never be able to get her back.

'Why didn't you tell me? Why can't we just love one another? The world is so cruel... Why can't it be me your spending the rest of your life with? Not some random man, who was force to be with you.'

Sam cried hard, but quietly not wanting to wake her up. How could he live without her? How is he suppose to just let her go with a man she never met? What if she says yes?

Sam slowly got up and walked to his bed, laying his head on the pillow. Looking out of the window, at the stars.

'I wish to be with you. I can't live without you.' Sam wished over and over again.

He fell asleep into a deep slumber, hoping that it was a just a dream.

-2 Years Later-

"Yebo! Can you get the door?"

"Nae!"

"Yebo who is- What are you doing here?"

A/N: (I love Sam Kim)

Bum bum buuuummmm What happened?! Oh no! Should I make a sequel to it? Or should I leave it be? Should they end up together? Your choice! Comment your answers below and please tell me how are you all doing?

Requests? Oneshots? Questions? Please do!I'm open to many things!
Vote!
Comment!
Follow!