Author Rant

Okay, so I've been in the kpop scene my whole life. I'm living as an international fan of course. BUT the biggest thing I've been seeing is that international fans and knetz don't see to mix well. Reason being, Knetz are full KOREAN. They have customs and traditions that they share with the kpop celebrities. Therefore, the things that we find absurd to us, international fans, is normal to them.

Recently, Big Bang's member TOP has been in court for use of marijuana. I don't think he was dealing it though, but he claimed that he is guilty.

Marijuana is not allowed in South Korea. It's against the law. South Korea has strict laws upon what to smoke, and their laws aren't enforce lightly when in court. Fans and people in general need to understand that what is normal in your country can be heavily weighted against the law in another country. Like South Korea had a law against adultery. It wasn't till a few years ago that it was appealed I believe. Anyways, a lot of people find it absurd that he is not getting a fine but a heavier degree in sentence. He has, as of right now, 2 years of probation, and if he break the laws of probation then he is sentence 10 months of jail time. A lot of international fans find it crazy that it is that serious, but in their country it is.

Now a lot of people find it to be his girlfriend's fault for giving him marijuana, but I'm sure she didn't force him to. He had a choice. He chose to smoke marijuana with her, therefore it IS his fault. She might have introduced it to him, but he chose to smoke it. He could've said no, and if he didnt like it then he should've broken up with her, but instead he smoked with her. I'm sure he knew the consequences of using marijuana. He had a choice. His choice, his consequence. I'm sorry my fellow V.I.Ps but thats just how it is.

Lastly, this is more absurd to us, international fans, but knetz are mocking T.O.P upon wearing makeup to his trial. Once again, it is a tradition and culture. This is bad but think, back then, in the historical era of every country, when in trial they strip you, making you feel less than. South Korea actually hasn't been it's own country as long as most. It was seen absurd by the knetz because he had on full make up to the trial. They most likely found it as a mock. Thats all. Thats the reason they critized him. Most likely finding it as if he wasn't taking it seriously. their thoughts were like that because professional manner is different on a set than a court trial. Knetz probably think that it isn't a place to look pretty, but a place for justice to take place. That's most likely the reason. South Korea, and a lot of other asian countries (I can only say that because I'm Asian, so I can speak for most Asian countries in this manner. Only in this statement.) are super strict upon appearance, mannerism, respect, etc. Thats why Asians are found in the stereotype of strictness because it's half true, to be honest.

My opinion:

Everything I said above was upon think without my actual opinion.

Tbh(To Be Honest):
T.O.P is my bias. I find it depressing that what he did, gave him a consequence like that. And, its sad to see that his life is super low right now. From what I see, he did have a choice overall to smoke or not to smoke marijuana. Sadly he did. BUT, I'm sure that he knew the consequences of smoking marijuana, therefore I fully trust that he won't take this consequence lightly. I think most fans, in general, should trust that he will reflect upon his actions and come back strong. T.O.P is still T.O.P. Nothing is going to change that. Also, the law is the law. I love T.O.P, so this isn't going to stop me from partying to his songs, and his group's songs in the car. So what if he made bad choices and went against the law? He's getting his consequence, that he knew would come if he got caught. Nothing should change that if you truly are a fan, then wait and support him. Kpop- no, Korean celebrities are people too. They aren't inhumans. They are humans just like us. Make mistakes, follow the consequences, and comeback strong. T.O.P is going to come back. Don't hate him because of his choice. Don't hate because of his consequences. Don't blame another person for THEIR choice. Don't hate one another because of your different cultures. Try to understand one another.  People from different backgrounds have different ways that they are hardwired to think. Just because of one incident, doesn't mean that fans automatically turn to antis. That's just not that easy, unless you weren't a full fledged, dedicated fan. Thats a different topic though. That probably be my next rant when something comes up.

Till next time lovely readers!

BTW: The tenth chapter is almost, almost done so please wait for it and look forward to it!

Vote
Comment
Follow for updates
Support
Request!

Thanks you awesome sauce peeps!

-Author