Leave... ~Park Jihoon~

“Jerk.”

“Loser.”

“Douche.”

“What did you call me?!” Jihoon yelled as he faced me. I just smiled in victory and turned away from him.

    Me and Jihoon were never on good terms. Our moms were best friends and our families ended up becoming one big family. Whenever my family went on a trip, Jihoon’s went. I personally find it annoying because Jihoon is babied by my parents. He would always end up at my house for no apparent reason. If anything, my parents liked him a lot more than they liked me. I was always making good grades and such, but Jihoon always seemed to outshine me by doing something else. The more annoying part is that it doesn’t have to be something big. It could literally be him taking out the trash for my mom. “Jihoon is so smart! I wish I had a son like him!” My mom always said that. There wasn’t a day that my mom wouldn’t say that. My home was literally his and I was starting to get annoyed of it.

    “Stop it, Hanzi,” her father said as he kept his eyes on the newspaper that was held in his hands. I dropped my jaw and now it was Jihoon’s time to smile in victory. “Aren’t you guys going to miss the bus at this rate?” I checked the time and huffed.

“Don’t worry, Mr. Lee. I’ll drive Hanzi to school,” Jihoon smiled. I just scoffed and turned away.

“Fake,” I mumbled under my breath so no one could hear except Jihoon. The boy glared at me, but then faced my mother.

“Get going then, okay?” Jihoon smiled and all I could do was fake a smile too.

Jihoon had spent the night at their house once again because his mother and father were on a business trip and Jihoon still needed to get to school. I grumbled to myself before getting in the car.

“What did your parents do now?” I asked in full annoyance. “And can’t you find anywhere else to stay? It’s so annoying that you’re at my house every second.”

“They just had an argument and I didn’t want to be there. Your mom knows what I usually mean by them going on a business trip.” I rolled my eyes. “And I don’t want to stay at my other friend’s place because his house doesn’t feel like home.”

“Look, my house isn’t yours, it’s mine. You’re literally stealing my home from me you jerk.” Jihoon rolled his eyes at me this time and I was literally going to flip my shit again. He was so annoying. “Just leave me alone at school, okay?”

“Never.” I growled and faced the window. People were starting to think we were a couple and if anything, they only liked me because I was “friends” with the jerkface. I didn’t even think I had real friends at school. “I like messing with you.” He poked my cheek and I pushed his hand away. I glared at him.

“Don’t. Touch. Me. Douche,” I said. He just smiled at me. I hated his smile.

    I got out of his car and everyone started to make noises. I rolled my eyes as I stomped through the crowd. I headed straight to my locker without even making eye contact with anyone. I put in the code to my locker and opened it. “Hey, did you hear? Jihoon is taking the shorty to school now.” “I’m so jealous of her.” “Who is she to be touching my babe?” I stopped what I was doing to hear what they had to say. “Minji, just tell her to leave him alone.” Oh, did I mention Jihoon had a pretty, gorgeous, generous, model-like jerk for a girlfriend. Minji was even more annoying than Jihoon. All the two did was bully me at school. Oh, I didn’t tell you about that either. Well, the two loved bothering the hell out of me.

Minji walked to my locker and closed it. “Look who came to school with my boyfriend,” she said in the most fake tone ever. I rolled my eyes and opened my locker again, only to be closed by her again. “Yah, don’t roll your eyes at me and listen.” She pulled back my hair and I pushed her hand away.