「Chapter 2」

"Oh, Taehyung sunbae." As soon as you saw--No, felt his presence, you started to lose it. You tried to think of something to say to follow up with your words and ended up saying, "welcome back from the bathroom."

Taehyung's eyes narrowed, a complete look of confusion had taken over his features. "'Welcome back from the bathroom'?" Did he really hear that right?

"Uh, well..." you looked elsewhere. 'How embarrassing...'

'Who the hell says that to someone they just met?' As soon as the thought crossed his mind, Taehyung felt holes being burned into the side of his head. When he looked over to the next table, he found Park Jimin glaring at him. Uninterested by his dirty looks, Taehyung just rolled his eyes.

About a minute later, Sumin returned from the bathroom. She noticed that you were there and flashed a smile in your direction. "You're here, Jiyeong," she said, taking her place next to Taehyung. "What caused your delay?"

"I was stuck in traffic."

"Well," she smiled happily, "it's good that you're here now."

"Yeah," you returned her smile with one of your own.

Sumin, another friend of yours, was actually one of the first few people to come up and talk to you after you transferred. It was also around the same time that you reunited with Jungkook. Since then, you've gotten along really great. And even though you both like the same boy--well, you and a few hundred other girls at the university--you decided to make it into a friendly competition.

Seeing Sumin right beside Taehyung, you couldn't help but think how lucky she was.

"Sorry I took so long, oppa," she grinned. "I had gotten a call from a friend. I hope I didn't make you wait long."

"Mm," he hummed. He took up his chopsticks and took some meat from the grill, wrapping it in some lettuce and shoving it into his mouth.

'She's gotten so close to him that he's letting her call him oppa already? How lucky.' You hadn't noticed how loud your gasp was until you felt every eye at your table on you. After clearing your throat, you looked down towards your lap. It was certainly awkward now.

"You okay, Jiyeong?" Jungkook asked.

"Yeah, I'm good. It's just that the meat looks so good." An awkward chuckle came out.

"That's all?" Jungkook giggled. "Here, let me cut some for you."

"Oh no," you waved your hands. "There's no need for you to do all of that." But Jungkook wasn't taking no for an answer and started cutting away. All you could do was thank him anyway. "Thanks, Jungkook."

"Oppa, have you been working out lately?" she asked, giving his arm a good squeeze. "You look so toned."