「Chapter 42」

"Is everyone still in class?" Jimin asked, walking up to the lone maknae.

"Yoongi and Jin hyung are," he reached into the bag of chips. "But the others should be making their way here right now," he popped another one into his mouth.

"Really," Jimin pulled up a seat beside him, "I guess that only gives me a bit of time then."

Jungkook looked to his hyung in question. "A bit of time for what?"

"You think I didn't notice your sudden mood change over the weekend? Ever since we left Taehyung's house on Friday, you've been looking just as depressed as he has."

Jungkook pulled his eyes away from Jimin and looked onto the study book sitting in front of him, "I don't know what you're talking about."

"You really wanna play this game?" Jungkook made sure of his silence by shoving a handful of chips into his mouth. "You didn't start acting weird until we started talking about how those two kissed that day."

Just as he went to shove his hand back in the nearly finished bag, he came to an abrupt halt; followed by more silence, he retracted his hand and sat it beside the bag. He refused to look Jimin in the eye.

Jimin could tell that he had hit the nail on the head after seeing him react the way he did. "I get that you and Jiyeong have been friends for a really long time, and you might even consider her to be a sibling, but you don't need to get upset over something like that. Two of your best friends are finally finding love, and with each other. You should be happy for--"

"I can't do that," Jungkook interrupted, with the automatic shake of his head.

Jimin paused, before continuing, "and why's that?"

"Because I'd only be lying to myself." He just stared on in confusion, waiting for him to finish explaining. "Do you remember that night when you figured out I had stopped messing with girls because I had someone I liked? Well, that someone is Jiyeong."

Jimin's eyes nearly jumped right out their sockets. "What?!"

"Shhh!" When the boys looked over, they immediately locked eyes with the strict librarian. She had her index fingers over her lips, shushing them down. They bowed their heads slightly, mouthing an apology in return.

Jimin eyed the maknae up and down, confused and shocked all the same. "Since when have you liked Jiyeong?"

"Since way before I met you guys. Just before we were supposed to enter high school, and it was time for her to move away, I planned on telling her how I felt, but I chickened out last minute. I let her leave thinking that I'd never see her again and kept these feelings around ever since. But now that she's with me again, I don't plan on letting go."

"Jungkook-ah..." Jimin didn't know how to respond. 'So that's the reason why he didn't come the other day. I wouldn't want to be apart of any plans to help my friend get with the girl I liked, either.'