「Chapter 38」

"*ACHOO!*" Taehyung nearly flew right off his seat from that one. "Ugh, I feel like crap!" he groaned.

"Then go home before you spread your germs to us," Jin ranted.

"Can't. My parents are coming today."

"Again?" Namjoon asked.

"Yeah, they said they wanted to start coming home a bit more often so that they can check up on their son. I'm not buying it."

"Why don't you just go and talk with them?"

"Jiyeong, Jiyeong, Jiyeong, you just don't get it. Don't worry, I'll explain everything at your house later."

The movement in your fingers stopped completely. "Excuse me?" You moved them away from his head, looking at him with a questionable expression on your face.

Taehyung slowly turned his head back to look at you, "is there a problem?"

"A big one!" you said. "When did we ever agree to you coming over to my house?"

"Come on," he whined. "I thought you said you'd take care of me when I got sick."

"So you automatically think it's okay to invite yourself over to my house without my consent?"

Minji chuckled, "you said you'd take care of him? What's that all about?"

You blushed, "it was only because he asked me to answer his stupid question last night!" You quickly got rid of any weird thoughts in her head. "Listen here, I might've said that I'd take care of you, but where in your right mind do you think it's okay for you to be treated at my house?"

"I bet if it were Jungkookie you'd take him over to your house and help him out, no questions asked." His words caused you to become completely speechless.

"Of course she would. I'm her best friend after all." Another self-inflicted wound to the heart. Jeon Jungkook was on a roll.

"You're such a liar," Taehyung turned his head back around. "I can't believe you actually lied, saying that you would take care of me. Remind me to never ask you a heartfelt question ever again, okay?"

Here before you, sat a 22-year old man, who was asking--no, sending you on a complete guilt trip-- just for you to take him over to your house and nurse him back to health again. It was nothing, but unbelievable.

With an eye roll to show your annoyance, you caved in. "Fine!" You took your fingertips to your own temples and started a massage. "This is crazy..." you mumbled.

"Really?" he faced you once more. "I swear I'll be the best sick houseguest ever!" Taehyung grinned merrily before turning back around. "Okay," he grabbed your hand and placed it back on his head, "you can keep massaging now."