「Chapter 40」

The very next morning you had woken up, washed your face, and went to go make some breakfast. As soon as the bacon started frying, its aroma began to carry out towards the living room, stirring a certain someone in his sleep. With the tummy-scratching smell danced around his nostrils, Taehyung finally rose up from his sleep super hungry.

"Food~" he groaned, with a crack in his voice.

"If you want food, then you're going to have to go wash your face first."

He lazily picked himself up from the couch. "'Kay," he then trudged his way to and from the bathroom, still sporting that cute puffy face of his.

"I never noticed it before, but you look so cute when you first wake up."

"No way." Taehyung grabbed the back of the chair, and sat himself down, "This is my ugliest form."

"Cut it out. I think it's adorable," you grinned.

"If you say so," he shook his head and grabbed his fork to start eating.

"So, how are you feeling? Any better?"

"Oh," he should've expected this question to be asked, "I'm not a 100%, but it's better than yesterday. The tea and soup really helped."

You smiled as you took some bacon to your mouth, "that's good."

"All thanks to a certain good person," Taehyung glanced up at you before going back to his food. Your smile turned into that of a bashful one.

He wanted something more, but closed it upon hesitation. 'Should I bring it up?' With the nervous lick of his lips, he decided to push on. "Hey," he kept his eyes on his dancing fork, "you know what the guys were saying the other day?"

"Probably something silly, right? Tell me," you kept your eyes on your food.

Yet again, there was hesitation, but he continued either way. "They were saying that we were getting pretty close lately."

"Oh," you glanced up for a second. "I guess we have, haven't we?" you went back to eating. "Who would've thought."

"They even think that we like each other."

Your head shot up from your plate. Just when you were in the midst of swallowing, your food went ahead and got lodged in your windpipe. With a couple of coughs and a hit to your chest, you were able to finally send it down. "What the heck?!" you coughed. "Are they crazy?"

"Right? Of course, I denied it and told them that there wasn't anything going on between us, but they kept saying it was suspicious."

"I can't believe they'd think that. Yes, our relationship has gotten better from our first meeting, but...that's about it." You huffed. "Jeez, what even led them think that in the first place?" you shook your head. "Well, since you clarified everything, I guess it's okay."