「Chapter 72」

On his way down the steps, Taehyung started to conceive a sickly feeling in the pit of his stomach

On his way down the steps, Taehyung started to conceive a sickly feeling in the pit of his stomach. After what he said to you and the others the other day, he hadn't contacted anyone over the weekend. Instead, he used those 2 days to think about what you had told him and what he actually saw with his own eyes. He knew that you weren't the type to lie about something like this, but then what was he supposed to do about his own visual evidence. Was what he saw actually false? Just thinking about it all, dampened his mood.

All of a sudden, Taehyung's phone started to ring him down. He slid out just enough just to check the collar ID. It was Nam Kyunghee. He pulled it out and shut it off completely. 'I can't deal with her right now.' Arriving before a door, Taehyung took a deep breath before taking hold of the handles. 'It's now or never.' When he pulled open the door, a soft gust of warm air covered him in an instant.

"You're here," Namjoon, followed by a few more eyes, took notice of his presence.

Taehyung looked up and saw the gang sitting at a roundtable with some chairs pulled up to it. But the first person who held his gaze firmly was you. For a split second, he saw that pretty smile drawn across your face while playing with Jungkook, but was wiped away as soon as you took notice of him.

With the way you suddenly averted your eyes away from his, it seemed like holding eye-contact was tough for not only him, but you as well. His heart sunk just a bit more when he registered that the cause of your fading smile was now him.

Then Taehyung felt as if holes were being bored into the side of his head. When he shifted his gaze over, he found none other than Jeon Jungkook, staring him down with deadly looks. But it was a look that he didn't fail to return in the least.

"Take a seat," Namjoon instructed. "We're waiting for our host to get down here."

The further he stepped into the room, the more tense and colder the atmosphere seemed to turn. But it was an atmosphere that he created all by himself.

"Did you finally get your head on straight and stop hanging with Kyunghee?" Yoongi asked.

"I bet he hasn't," Jungkook said, as he watched Taehyung pull out a seat and plop himself down in it.

"Jungkook, don't start," Namjoon reminded him, without bothering to look up from his phone.

Fifteen minutes in, and silence still reigned over the entire table. The whole time, Taehyung found himself going back and forth between you and Jungkook. He was agitated. Seeing Jungkook in a spot that was supposed to be his: right next to you. 'I bet I'd be getting my scalp massaged right about now,' he thought. With the situation he created around himself, there was no way that would be happening anytime soon.