「Chapter 103」

For the next couple of days, your heart was filled with a nothing but sadness, while your ears were filled with nonstop gossip. Whether it be in the hallway or inside the classroom, those whispers and chuckles were venomous each and every time. It was embarrassing, is what it was. To those people, you were just some cocky girl who got played by the infamous Kim Taehyung; and then there was even speculation that you were trying to get with Jungkook.

But what the gossip tried to break down, your friends were always ready to build back up again. Minji and the guys would always try to cheer you up. At first, you couldn't laugh or smile much, but as the days passed, it had gotten a bit better, and you got stronger. Yes, the sadness of your heart was still there, but it started to become less and less.

Then there were the occasional snarky glances from Sumin. Every time she looked your way, you'd ignore her and try carrying on as if you were unphased by her silent taunting; but there was one particular day where her taunting took its toll on you.

"Well, well, well. If it isn't Lee Jiyeong. Still sulking are we? You're not getting any sympathy from anyone, so just stop," she snickered.

You stopped right in your tracks, turned on your heel and marched right back towards Sumin. Before the next utterance could be heard, you already had your hand reached out, with a fistful of hair in your grasp.

"Jiyeong!" Minji and Jungkook were both wide-eyed at the sight.

"Yah!" Gasps and murmur were around you at your sudden action. As for Sumin, she was near on her knees, at your mercy as she tried to claw your tight fist away from her locks. "Let me go!" she whined.

You yanked her around for a couple seconds before you went close to her ear and whispered, "if it's Kim Taehyung you still want then you can have him. Stop pestering me already, because you're not going to like the results if you keep on like this, Choi Sumin." With one hard shove, you sent her flying into the wall.

"You bitch!" she screeched, as she held onto her the throbbing part of her head. That was the last time Sumin ever dared to mess with you. Whenever you would cross paths, she would only glare from afar.

Ever since you broke up, you hadn't seen much of Taehyung. Whenever you went to hang out with the rest as a whole, Taehyung was never there. And whenever you were with Jungkook and Minji, you would always find him sitting with the guys, unengaged, with his head down on the table. The hardest part was passing him in the hallways. Whenever you glanced over to him, you could always see your previous self. Red, puffy eyes, and a solemn expression daunting his features. There's no way he could've been crying almost every night like you were.

Little by little, his head would start to pick up from the table. Instead of laying his head down, he would prop his elbow on the table and rest his head in his palm. From your perspective, it seemed as if he was beginning to get past the breakup. But, you were wrong. Oh, so wrong.

As soon as February hit, you would find little gifts waiting for you on your doorstep. From boxes of chocolates to bouquets of carnations. And then once Valentine's day hit...

"So you and Mingyu aren't speaking anymore."