「Chapter 64」

"I'm gonna go to the bathroom real quick," Minji took up her handbag as she stood up. "Be right back."

"Mm, take your time," Jimin waved Minji off and she walked off to the girl's bathroom. 'Today's a good day,' he thought with an everlasting smile on his face. Absolutely nothing could mess up this day.

As she got into the stall, Minji pulled down her pants and panties to check if it was time to change that pad of hers. But when she looked down, nothing. Not a single drop of blood had transferred onto that thing. With this alone, confusion and panic started to set back in.

"Ha," she let out a nervous chuckle. "I knew all that shit couldn't have been my period." That shaky smile then turned into a fearful frown. "If it's not my period, then why the fuck did I throw up yesterday?" Minji felt her very heart rattling against her rib cage. 'It can't be that.' She cupped her mouth and clutched her frightened heart once more. 'I took that stupid pill!' It felt as if she was about to throw up once again. Anxiety was a real bitch.

Once she finished up, Minji returned to her seat with all kinds of positivity drained from her, just like the color of her skin.

"Minji?" Jimin's eyes rolled over her with concern. "What's wrong? You look like you've seen a ghost."

Oh, how she wished that were the case. "It's nothing."

It was from then on, that Jimin felt things were going wrong, again. "It can't be nothing. You look pale. Did something happen?" No response. Not even a bit of eye contact, but there's no way he could stop there. "I could be wrong, but nowadays I feel like you've been under a bit of stress--"

Minji finally made eye contact him again. 'There's no way it's that noticeable.'

"If there's anything on your mind that you want to talk about, you can tell me. I'm a great listener. And even if it seems difficult, I can give you advice if that's what you need."

She thought about everything. Her one-sided feelings for Jungkook, sleeping with him during her best friends birthday, and then getting blackmailed by her stupid cousin. In the end, there was nothing that she wanted to talk about. There was nothing she could talk about. "No," she shook her head, "I'm fine."

"I don't think you're fine like you say you are--"

"I said I'm fine!" she raised her tone, attracting few eyes their way. Seeing the taken aback look on Jimin's face, made her feel a bit bad. "Sorry, I just--There's nothing that you can do about it. I have to deal with this on my own."

"But we're friends. All of us are. If you need help, then don't hesitate to ask. With Jiyeong, we were able to do something about it, but what if your problem is something that won't wait too long?" Minji only kept silent, as she ignored him and looked off towards the window again. This only frustrated Jimin even further. "Minji-ah, just talk to me--"

"Why do you have to be so damn annoying and nosy? Just mind your own damn business, got it?" she barked with an edge cutting glare in her eyes. After spitting out those words, Minji picked back up her ice coffee and started sipping it.