「Chapter 27」

As Jungkook got back from locking the door, everyone was setting up to play a game of Jenga. But, though he was ready to get into the game, Taehyung was focused on other things: You. Seeing as how Jungkook nor Minji got anywhere, he decided to take the 2nd initiative and make sure that you were really okay. Even if Sumin wasn't a true friend that couldn't be trusted, she was someone that you once called a friend.

With eyes steady on you, Taehyung pushed himself off the couch and made his way over to the kitchen.

"Taehyung, where are you going?" Namjoon asked, watching him walk off.

"I'm going to go make sure that she's really okay," he explained, not stopping.

"Taehyungie, bring me back a beer while you're at it," Hokseok said.

With no response, Taehyung found himself behind the counter and beside you. "Hey, Jiyeong..."

Taking a glance beside you, you saw Taehyung standing right before you. "Oh hi, sunbae. I'm almost finished with the snacks, so I'll be back out in a sec. Or maybe you're here for beer?"

"I didn't come in here for anything like that."

"Then what di--" Before you could finish speaking, you felt yourself being enveloped within a sudden strong embrace. Even your cheek came into contact with something broad. While the sweet scent of vanilla danced its way into your nostrils, a comforting warmth began to spread throughout your entire body, bringing about nice feeling to you, just like that one time.

Although the feeling was nice, you remembered that you were actually in the kitchen of your best friend's house, with friends only a few feet away and not in a hallway where it was just the two of you. As you placed your hands on his solid chest, trying to pry your face and body away from him, everything became futile when his large hand pressed your head right back against his chest.

"You don't need to fight it," he said.

You momentarily stopped your struggling to catch what he said, "What?"

"I'm talking about your frustrations. You don't have to act strongly in front of us either."

"Sunbae, what's this all about?"

"There's no way you could've known beforehand that she wasn't really your friend, so, it's okay to be sad. You can even if that's what you need to do."

Hearing those last few words from him, your shoulders drooped down and your hands raised over his back to clutch his sweater. "I'll be 21 years old soon, so I'm not going to cry over someone like her."

Taehyung chuckled, "you're still our little hoobae, no matter what you say."

"I feel kinda dumb," a weak chuckle escaped your lips.

"You are dumb."