「Chapter 55」

✨A/N: Bruh. I'm now finding out that there was a Park Minji in Produce 101. This Park Minji doesn't even have a face in my head.

"Park Minji!" You shouted your friend's government as you finally spotted her. People were starting to turn your way, and some were even whispering, but they weren't important at the moment. What was important, was that Minji was now showing her face since the night of the party.

Minji started at you wide-eyed, as you marched your way over to her. "J-Jiyeong?" Never in a million years did she think that there would be a day where you were actually angry at her.

"Where in the world have you been?"

'Oh, that's right! I left without saying anything the other night. It's only natural that she be upset with me. I didn't even come up with an excuse to tell her.'

"Not a call or a text or anything. You just up and left. Why?"

"I--I was--" 'Think Park Minji! Think!' So little was going through her mind in terms of excuses to give. Not to mention that time was running out to give one. But, she did end up manage to pull something out her ass in time. "At the hospital!"

"'The hospital'?" Within an instant, your anger had evaporated into thin air and was replaced with a look of worry. "Why? What happened?"

"My uh...my grandmother! My poor, poor grandmother," Minji shook her head as if to try and tear up. "She accidentally slipped on some kimchi that dropped on the floor and hurt herself."

"Oh no," you covered your mouth in shock. "How is she?"

'She's perfectly fine!' "The doctor said that she just sprained her ankle, but she's gonna need some time off it. She should be back on her feet in about 2 weeks or so."

"That's probably why I didn't see you at all yesterday. I'm so sorry," you hugged her. "You're still feeling a bit stressed about your grandmother, and I just came charging at you all of a sudden."

"It's fine, it's fine. I'm not feeling stressed anymore. Anyway, I'm sorry as well. I should've told where I went so that you wouldn't have been so worried." 'Actually, I was avoiding you as much I could.' "Speaking of yesterday," Minji swung her bag around and pulled out a nicely wrapped box, happy belated birthday~" she handed it over.