「Chapter 70」

You were sitting in the middle of a lecture with a solemn look on your features and a disturbed feeling in your heart. Every word that your professor said went in one ear and right on out the other. How on Earth were you supposed to focus when the guy that you were once close with just up and started acting like you were the world's most irritating thing. On top of that, you had no clue as to what you did to make him act out like that. Through all your attempts at trying to talk to him yesterday, and even today, you just became weary in the end.

The sunbae and Minji tried to find out by themselves what exactly was his deal, but they got nothing. They'd always ended up getting brushed off, just like you.

"Why do I feel like I know the cause of that sad face."

When you took a glance to your right, you saw Mingyu looking at you with nothing but concern. "Oh, hi."

"Hi. I'm gonna go out on a limb here and guess that the expression on your face is not because of this boring lecture."

"Mm," you shrugged.

"If you don't mind, why don't you tell me what happened?"

You shook your head, "it's nothing for you to be concerned about."

"Nobody just stares into space for an entire period with a sad look on their face and says it's nothing. Is it family problems?" Silence. "Difficulties with friends?" Still nothing. "If it's neither of those...then does that mean that it might have something to do with Taehyung sunbae?" It was when you looked off, that Mingyu knew he had guessed right. "I'm good at keeping secrets if that's what you want me to do." Still no answer.

"Jiyeong," he shifted himself to the left so he could get a good look at you, "we might have known each other for a only short time, but I still consider you a friend. And when I see that my friend is down, I want to be able to make them feel better, even if all they need is someone to talk to. So, if you've got something on your chest, you can talk to me."

You slowly turned your head to him, not knowing how to answer. All you did was gaze down into your lap.

"So?"

You sighed. Hesitation was there, but you decided to go ahead and tell Mingyu what was going on. "For the past 2 days, Taehyung sunbae's been acting so differently towards me. It started after he suddenly canceled our plans to go to the park. When I texted him back to ask why, he ignored my text. I even called him later that day, but he never picked up. Then whenever I try to go up to him in person to talk to him face to face, he brushes me off like I'm some little bug. I don't know what's gotten into him, but I feel like he's upset with me. I don't even know what I did!"

Mingyu thought back to when you both were standing outside the library. 'So it really was him. He must've seen something and misunderstood it.' All of sudden, the bell that signaled the end of class, rung. You gathered all of your belongings and shoved them into your bag, before taking your leave. "Jiyeong, wait!" He stepped out of his seat, jogged down the platforms and over to you to catch up. "Maybe it's not exactly your fault."