「Chapter 4」

When everyone arrived at the mall, everyone split into groups. It was agreed that everyone was to meet back up after an hour was up. Jimin, Yoongi, and Hoseok were in one group; Namjoon and Jin were a pair; while you, Jungkook and Taehyung were in the last group.

"Jiyeong," Jungkook slung his arm over your shoulder, "is there any place that you want to go?" he asked. "Maybe I can get you something."

"Nope," you shook your head, "I'll just follow you guys wherever you want to go."

"Oh, okay," he slowly slid his arm away from your shoulders. "Then let's go to Footlocker." Jungkook slipped his hands into his pockets and continued walking alongside you with an awkward smile on his lips.

As you all entered the first store, Jungkook immediately walked off to look at the first pair of sneakers his eyes caught. This only meant that you and Taehyung were to be left alone with each other.

"Um, Jungkook," you tried calling to him, but he was already a good distance away, and your voice was too small for him to hear. You couldn't believe that he just left you to stand side by side, alone, with Kim Taehyung. Before you knew it, your body began to freeze up due to the awkward silence.

'Should I say something?' You started to fiddle around with your fingers, trying to find something to say. That's when it clicked. A simple greeting should suffice. It took you a few seconds, but you finally gathered up some courage and turned to him. You were slightly taken aback when he suddenly turned your way. Never did you expect for him to suddenly give you his attention, but you pushed on.

"Hi, Sunbae." As soon as you said those words, you quickly held your breath, awaiting a response.

"Hi," he glanced at you with his reply and looked off once more.

You huffed out all the collected air and pursed your lips. 'I did good! Now it's time for an actual conversation. What to say...what to say...?'

"Um, about last night..." 'About last night? Really?!' "I was wondering if there anything that was bothering you?"

"Why're you asking?" he looked back in your direction.

"Oh no, it's just that it looked like you weren't enjoying yourself like everyone else."

"That's because I wasn't."

"Oh..." It became quiet again for at least 2 minutes. Just when you were going to let the silence continue on, you remembered Minji's words. Push for a conversation. Just before you could open your mouth again, Taehyung spoke up instead.

"You seem really close with Jungkook."

"Oh, y-yeah," you nodded, "we are."

When he looked to you, he could see how nervous you were by the way you started looking towards your shoes and fiddling with your fingers. "What's your connection to him?" It'd be a problem if Jungkook was planning on getting to her first.