「Chapter 83」

Back at the house, Minji was sitting patiently on the toilet for the last minute to pass before she checked the pregnancy test. Problem was, every second felt longer than it was supposed to. It was completely daunting. As the seconds ticked by on her phone's timer, it seemed as if she couldn't contain the tremors that ran through her fingers and toes.

'5...4...3...2...1' Once the timer finally reached 0, Minji felt the anxiety pierce her throat even harder than before. She scrapped the test off the sink's counter with shaky fingers and pulled it down towards her lap. 'It's now or never Park.' Minji took a deep breath slowly uncovered the test from her hand.

When she looked down at the test, her eyes didn't even flinch. The feeling on her face started to leave her, and the weight in her chest got heavier. 'Seriously?' This had to be a joke. But the results on the test were just too crazy for it to be a joke. Maybe her eyes were playing tricks on her. Minji wrapped her arms around her torso and hunched over to process the symbol that she read with her own two eyes. As if. "It's fucking positive..." Right then and then and there, reality rammed her like a truck. "I'm really pregnant, ad with Jungkook's kid," she mumbled to herself. "My mother's going to catch a stroke."

"Minji-ah!"

Flustered by the sudden knock on the door, Minji's head shot up towards the locked bathroom door. 'Jiyeong...'

"Are you in there?"

"Y--Yeah! I'm coming out right now." Minji reached back and flushed the toilet to make it seem as if she was actually using the bathroom. As she stood up to turn on the faucet, she quickly tucked the test down into her pants and scrapped the box into the small garbage bin. 'I gotta keep calm,' she told herself. She then squeezed her eyes shut. "Fuck..." she cursed. How the hell was she supposed to keep calm when she just found out that she was pregnant with Jeon Jungkook's child? What was she going to tell her friends? Her mother? What about Jungkook himself? How was she to go about breaking the news to him that he was going to be a father in the next couple of months?

After tying up the plastic bag, Minji opened the door and found you standing right there with a semi-smile to your face. "Hey, you. Had fun with your drama?"

"Ah, yeah." she forced a chuckled out. "You guys came back quickly though. Did you guys get all that you needed." She tried to keep the conversation going, despite the weight of the result hitting her.

"Yeah," you walked towards the bed and plopped yourself down, "but we ran into Kyunghee at the store," you said with a blank face. "She was shopping with your uncle, but she bumped into Taehyung and me in one of the aisles."

Great, more stress for Park Minji. "She didn't say anything crazy to you, did she?" she came to sit beside you.

"No," you shook your head. "Though, she'll be coming over the day after tomorrow."

Minji's face twisted up into a sneer. "For what?"

"Your uncle says that he has something for you to give to your parents, so that's why he wants you to give Kyunghee the address to this house so they can stop by. Hopefully, she doesn't stay too long. I can't take her presence anymore."