「Chapter 44」

After finally clearing things up with each other, Taehyung took you to a nearby restaurant so that you could stuff your faces until you were about ready to pop. The stroll home was a pleasant one. Talking and laughing with one another like before, but this time with newly established feelings.

The following day, he was sitting at the usual table inside the cafeteria. Everyone except for you, Jimin and Minji were present, but that didn't stop Taehyung from 'scolding' the boys about their little scheme.

"I can't believe you bastards set me up, again! What if your little plan didn't work, huh?"

"Honestly, we knew it had to work," Yoongi said. "We had no plan C."

"Nevermind that," Hoseok interrupted, "are you saying that our plan worked?" he asked, as if he had no clue. "Are you and Jiyeong finally talking again?"

Taehyung rolled his eyes, trying to come off as annoyed, but his smile managed to break through anyhow. "Wouldn't you guys like to know."

"We would, actually," Namjoon said, followed by their onlooker maknae.

Taehyung went straight face, looking each one of them in the eye. After building up anticipation, he finally smiled. "We're all good." Seeing the rest smile and get happy also made him feel good inside. With this, all the good that awaited the two of you excited him all the more. "I mean, it's not like I like, like her or anything," he crossed his arms and shrugged in a playful manner.

"Yah, stop playing around," Jin shoved him and started laughing.

"You don't like her?" Out of all the cheerful ones at the table, Jungkook's serious and monotone voice ceased all playful activity. "Then what was the point of all of this in the first place?" Jungkook's ice cold stare was enough to fade each and every smile at the table.

"What's wrong, Jungkook-ah?" Taehyung asked.

"I don't want you getting involved with Jiyeong if all you're going to do is just play with her in the end."

"Ah, don't worry. I'd never hurt Jiyeong. She's in good hands, okay?" Taehyung reached over to give Jungkook a reassuring pat on the shoulder, but was stopped by a light slap to his hand. That alone was enough to create some extra tension at the table. Awkwardly, the guys looked back and forth between the both of them trying to decipher the means to the sight before them.