「Chapter 16」

And so, you and Jungkook both left the cafe and went out to the nearest convenience store. Since there was one closer to the school, that's where you went. When you arrived at the store, you went straight to the isle that carried the ramen on its shelf.

"Hey, how about I make some dinner?" You turned to him with the suggestion.

"You're going to be staying with me, right?"

"Of course, silly. Why would I make enough food for two people and not be there to help you eat it."

"Touché," he pointed at you. "Can we pick up some sliced cheese to go with it?"

You grinned, "of course we can."

While you were picking up a couple of cups to make a big a pot, Jungkook went to the fridge and picked up a couple slices of sliced cheese. After getting your ingredients, you went up to the cashier, where Jungkook paid for everything.

"I'll carry that." Jungkook reached to take the plastic bag from you, but you had moved the bag away and held it in your left hand just before he could.

"No way," you shook your head. "You already paid for everything, so at least let me hold the bag and cook like I said I would."

Jungkook gave up and smiled at you. "Alright, I'll let you handle the bag then."

You huffed, "thank you."

The walk to Jungkook's house was a nice one indeed. After taking the bus, you took a nice stroll up to his house, reminiscing about all kinds of moments from the past. The fun times, and the sad times both, they were all spent beside Jungkook.

"Jungkook, do you remember the time we both got scolded for drawing on the walls at my house?" you laughed.

"Jiyeong, I almost got a beating from my dad because of that."

"Chin up, at least you didn't. That's all that matters, right?" Jungkook shook his head while you giggled on.

"So," he started, "has everything been good for you so far since coming here?"

"Yeah," you nodded, "especially since I got to see you again. I really missed you, Kookie."

That timid smile from earlier had surfaced back to Jungkook's lips after hearing you say that. "You haven't called me that in a long time." He tried to fold his lips inward to keep himself from showing his happiness, but instead, a rosy red dusted across his cheeks and his bunny smile began to break through.

"I know right," you giggled, "but to me, it doesn't sound weird. Even after all this time."

Jungkook scratched the back of his head as his heart started to pound wildly in his chest. "I missed you, too." He stretched his arm in saying. When he took a glimpse your way, he found a grin present on your lips. Jungkook couldn't help but chuckle.