「Chapter 48」

When Minji and Jungkoook entered the jewelry store, he immediately when to the display case filled with the most detailed earrings, necklaces, rings, and bracelets. All with different shapes and charms, which made it even harder to make your selection.

"What do you think I should get her? I want something that really stands out from the others."

"I don't know," she shrugged as she walked to his side. "They're all pretty nice, I guess."

"Right? But I want her gift to be perfect. Earrings or a bracelet might be easy for her to lose. And a necklace is a bit too cliche. What about a ring...?" After thinking about its meaning, Jungkook just ended up blushing.

"It might be because I'm a girl, but even I didn't have this much trouble picking something out for her."

Jungkook chuckled as he continued to loom over the beautiful, yet expensive pieces of jewelry. "They all look really pretty, but which one will be the best for her? I wanna get something that sparkles, just like her eyes." He muttered the last line to himself, as he began to drown himself in thought. But what he said, hadn't gone unheard.

'Whoa, whoa, whoa, isn't he speaking about her a bit too...romantically? I know they're best friends and all but isn't this a bit too much? Minji's brows were creased as she watched Jungkook. Skepticism started invading her mind. 'I've never heard anyone speak about their friend that way. Ever. Unless...No, that can't be it.' Minji quickly shook off the outrageous thought, but once she saw seeing continuing to loom over the display cases in deep thought, her suspicions just wouldn't leave her alone.

"Minji?"

"Y-Yes?" It sounded like a mouse answering him. It was then that she realized he was standing right in front of her. "You're too close..." she took a step back. At this point, keeping-eye contact would be a bit of a problem.

"Oh, sorry." He held up a necklace and a bracelet for her to see. "Which one do you think she'll like? The bracelet with the bunny? Or the necklace with the flower charms?"

"Y'know...with the way you're acting all crazy over choosing the perfect gift, it almost sounds like you're picking it out for your crush." Minji tried her best to make her words seem playful, but could only hope the nervousness wasn't heard.

Jungkook eyes went wide and his cheeks went red. "What?" He tried to laugh off idea, but it just came out awkward. "Don't be silly." Then he turned away from her, trying to hide what already been seen.

"Wait, are you--"

"No," he quickly shook his head, refusing to turn around.

"You know, you suck at lying just as much as Jiyeong does. Why don't you just look at me when you're trying to lie?" Jungkook sighed. Rubbing the back of his neck, the troubled youth turned back to face Minji once more. "Do you like Jiyeong?" At her own question, she felt her heart tighten up with anxiousness.

Jungkook bit down on his lip. It took a couple of seconds to answer, "yeah, I like her."