「Chapter 56」

Later that day, when he was on his way home early, Jungkook was spotted and stopped by none other than the devious Kyunghee. She had noticed his gloomy demeanor and couldn't help but come over and make sure that one of her beloved friends was okay.

"Jungkook-ah?" she tapped his shoulder and popped up from his side. "What's wrong?" she asked with pouty lips.

He shook his head, "nothing."

"Oh, come on. You can tell me."

'No I can't,' he thought.

"We're good friends, aren't we?"

Jungkook didn't know how to respond to that. Ever since Taehyung and her broke up, it's been too awkward to talk and hang out with her like before. The rest others had more history without Kyunghee than with, but after knowing what she did, it didn't feel right to keep hanging out with her.

"Jungkook, you're hurting my feelings. Aren't we friends still?"

"Yeah..." he trailed off, just to stop having her ask.

"Well," she grinned, "since we're friends, you should be able to tell me about your problems. Maybe I could help."

"This is something you can't help with. This is something I have to do on my own."

"Could it be that...you're having a fight with Jiyeong?" she guessed.

At the moment, Jungkook's eyes shot open at her impeccable guess. "How'd you even--"

"So, I'm right?" she raised a brow. "And I thought I guessed wrong. What's going on?"

"She's a bit upset with me right now." Remorse dripped from his tongue as he admitted his problem. "It's all my fault, too. I promised her that I'd cut the cake with her on her special day, but I got drunk, left the party with some girl, and slept with her instead. Not to mention that she and the hyungs were searching for me for hours."

From the second he said that, Kyunghee's brain started to take her back to everything she had witnessed that night. Once her memory was jogged, her eyes widened. 'No way...' "Do you remember what she looked like?"

"When I woke up she was already gone, I couldn't remember much details. Why does that matter anyway?"

Kyunghee quickly shook her head for accidentally prying. "No reason. Anyways, they were looking for hours, huh? I can understand why she's so upset, but I hope that you and Jiyeong can reconcile quickly. See you later, Jungkookie~" With the wiggle of her fingers, Kyunghee jogged past Jungkook and out the school dates. She had to leave as quickly as she did, due to the smirk that threatened to rise right there and then. 'Park Minji, you little slut.'

The very next day, while having lunch and sitting down to talk within the canteen, Kyunghee approached the table, making every single person wary of her presence. Everyone darted their eyes away in discomfort except for you and Minji. You wanted to see what it was that she wanted. To be more specific, Minji was glaring in spite and you in observation. A sense of unease ran through you as you saw that smile across her face.