「Chapter 69」

After taking finals, you and whoever didn't have class decided to hang out in the park instead of staying inside or around the school this time. Everyone was already by the front gate, not too far from the library's location, but you weren't with them. Being that it was a shortcut, Taehyung texted you beforehand that he would come down from class and exit out the building from the library, so that's where you stood and waited for him. Ten minutes passed, and he was still a no-show, yet you patiently waited it out while leaning up against the school.

"Jiyeong?"

You snapped your neck in the direction that you heard your name, thinking it was Taehyung. "Oh, Mingyu-ssi." But found him instead. "What're you doing here?"

He chuckled. "It's a library, silly. I came to see if I could find a book to help me study."

"Oh, right," you chuckled awkwardly.

"And what about you? Are you waiting for someone?"

"Yeah. I'm waiting for Taehyung...sunbae. A few of us are going to the park to hang out as soon as he gets out from testing."

"'We'?"

"Oh, 2 other sunbae, and two of my friends are standing by the gate," you pointed them out.

"You really do hang out with thoe guys, don't you?" He heard you hum in acknowledgment. "It amazes me that someone like you is actually hanging out with people like them."

Your brows automatically creased at his comment. "What do you mean by that? 'People like them'?"

"You know what those guys are known for, right? Sleeping around with a ton of girls." Seeing the glare in your eyes get even sharper, Mingyu tried to correct himself before you completely misunderstood. "Not that you would sleep with them. I don't see you doing anything like that. It's just their reputation, that's all. When I look at you, I see a sweet girl who doesn't exactly fit with their kind of crowd."

"I'll have you know that the sunbae have been doing exceptionally well to keep away from that kind of lifestyle! I don't take kindly to people who try and badmouth people I care about my friends. They're good people who look out for those they care about. And for your information," you crossed your arms over your chest. "I'm not always a sweet girl. You don't wanna mess with me when I'm angry."

Mingyu chuckled, "looks like it."

Just then, a sudden gust of wind swept past you two, causing you to lose sight for a couple seconds. But thinking that you were safe from the leaves and dirt that it picked up, you were fooled when you felt something suddenly prick your eyes.

--'I hope she's still down there waiting!' Taehyung thought, as he rushed down the stairs and through the crowded halls. On his way to get to you, the grin on his face wasn't rubbing off so easy. He was happy that his test was over with and even more excited to finally see you.--

"Ow, ow, ow!" You started stomping and jumping around while harshly rubbing at your eyes.