「Chapter 9」

It was a new day, and Taehyung had deserted his friends to go and look for you so that he could apologize like he should have all along. Luckily, he didn't have to go searching all over for you and found you in the hallway chatting and laughing beside your friends.

"There she is." The young male stood a few feet away from you and watched you for a few seconds before picking up his feet and making his way over to you.

"Oh, Taehyung oppa!" Sumin brightened up as soon as she saw his face. "She quickly combed her fingers through her hair, pulled her mini skirt up just a smidgen, to where it sat at the base of her ass, and struck a sexy pose.

"Hi, you two," Taehyung barely glanced over at them. His main focus at the moment was you.

"What brings you over? Are you here to invite us somewhere today? If that's the case, then I'm all for it." Sumin said, as she swept her hair to the side.

"Actually, I'm here to talk to her." His eyes never left your figure. Your back was turned to him, therefore you couldn't see him, but he knew you knew he was still there.

Sumin's mood damped. "You're here to talk to Jiyeong?" Her eyes switched over to you with jealousy swimming in them.

"Little--" he quickly corrected himself. "Jiyeong, I need to talk to you for a bit."

"Minji, Sumin, do you hear that," you asked them. "It sounds like an annoying bug, but I'm not too sure."

Taehyung sighed, "look, I know you're probably pretty pissed about what I did yesterday, and even a few days ago at the ice cream shop, but y'know...since I feel all weird inside and stuff about you being upset I came to apologize. So...sorry. We good now?"

You scoffed and rolled your eyes. "We should get going now. If we don't, we'll be late for class."

"Tsk." Taehyung rolled his eyes. 'What the hell did I say?'

The both of them nodded and started walking with you towards your class, but Taehyung grabbed onto Minji's wrist and pulled her back to him. "Hey, hold on a second."

"What the hell do you think you're doing, Taehyung?" she snatched back her wrist from him.

"You heard me just now, didn't you? Didn't I sound sincere when I apologized?"

Minji scoffed, "not in the least. If I were Jiyeong, I wouldn't have accepted a half-assed apology like that either."

"What're you on about?"

"You're only apologizing for yourself, not because you're actually sorry. Do you even understand what the hell it is that you're apologizing to her for?"

"Sure I do. I was apparently being a jerk."