「Chapter 81」

"What is it?"

"It's about my last relationship. Y'know the one you asked me about before."

"Oh, okay. Are--Are you sure you want to talk about this?"

"Yeah," he nodded, taking a gentle hand to yours. "I want open up to my girlfriend about this."

The flutters started fluttering on cue, but then you put on a serious face, telling him you were all ears to hear this.

Taehyung pulled you over to the bed and had you sit down before taking a seat for himself. "Do you remember how I acted when we first met?" You nodded. "I couldn't get over how my ex and I ended things. I caught her cheating on me right outside of campus."

"Taehyung..."

"Believe it or not, I was a really good guy back then. In high school, I dated a few girls here and there, until I found someone that I genuinely liked. I thought she was someone nice, with a good heart, and wasn't dating me because I was handsome or good-looking. Someone who loved me for me. And the more love she continued to show me, the deeper I fell in love with her."

'Sounds a bit like someone I know,' you thought.

"Eventually, she became someone that was irreplaceable to me. We had our ups and downs like any other couple, but there was one day in particular that I felt like things started going a bit wrong."

"What happened?"

"It all started back when the both of us skipped classes to go on a date together. By the end of it, we lost our virginity to each other."

Your heart kind of clenched at this. It might've been a long time ago, but it still felt weird hearing how special this girl was, enough for him to have his first with. Then again, it was understandable since it was someone whom he loved at the time.

"Since then, she had a sudden attitude change. Any girl that came around me, she'd act nasty towards, and whenever we'd go out on dates, it felt like she only wanted to show off our relationship to the public, instead of just having fun. Things went on like that until we hit college. But, it was my fault for not listening to my own suspicions."