「Chapter 52」

"Jungkookie," Jimin came up beside him with a grin on his face. "You okay there, buddy? You're looking a bit tipsy there."

Jungkook giggled while waving him off, "I'm fine. Just having a few drinks."

"You might think you're fine, but it doesn't really look that way. You might want to cut back a little, or else you won't be able to sing or cut the cake with Jiyeong."

"Then I won't do neither! Simple as that. I'm just going to stay here and drink the rest of the night away," he said, before swinging back another cup.

His words of declaration erased the smile off of Jimin's face and replaced it with a concerned look instead. "Yah," he got close enough for whispering, "what's wrong with you? Did something happen?"

"No. I mean, watching my own friend make out with the girl I've loved for so long is new, but getting my heart broken for the second time isn't anything out of the ordinary."

"Jungkook-ah, I'm sorry about that..."

"It's fine, hyung, really." He took up the bottle of vodka and poured himself another cup to drink. 

"Y'know...I went looking for her to try giving her, her birthday present, even though I knew it couldn't compare to what he gave her, and just when I find her, he's got his lips all over hers. I've never felt more like a fool than now."

"You're not a fool, okay? But sitting here, drinking your problems away, isn't going to help you."

"Ha," Jungkook put the red cup to his lips for a few gulps, "says you. The girl you like doesn't have feelings for another guy."

Jimin sighed as he shook his head. "Give me the cup, Jungkook. I'm not gonna let you continue on like this."

"Ah," he groaned, "just go away. Don't you have a party to help host? You don't need to involve yourself with me."

"Don't be stupid! You're my friend. I'm only getting involved because I care."

"Jimin-ah!" Jin shouted from inside the kitchen. "I need your help in the kitchen!"

"Hyung, I'm busy right now!" he shouted back.

"Doing what?"

Jimin didn't bother to respond as he turned back to Jungkook, who had already finished the rest of his cup. "Give me these," he snatched both the cup and bottle right out of his hands.

"Hey, I was drinking from that!"

"I don't care." Jimin crushed up the cup in his hand before dropping it on the floor. "You're being cut off." That said, he walked off with the bottle towards the kitchen.

"Screw you..." Jungkook folded his arms on the table while his head dropped on them like a rock. "I'll just find something else to drink while you're gone!" he shouted. But when he looked around, he didn't see anything else alcoholic in sight. "Tsk."