「Chapter 95」

Taehyung kicked off his shoes and stormed into his living room. 'Whoever this person is, it's clear that they're trying to mess with me.' He plopped himself down on the couch, his fingertips pressing down into his aching temples.

"There's only 2 possibilities as to who it is. Sumin, which is hard to believe. She had just come into the room before we left. Which leaves only one bastard." Taehyung could feel himself start to boil all over as the person came to mind. "And I know that fucker wouldn't even hesitate to use any kind of dirt against me." And how right he was.

"In any case, I have to tell her before they can get the chance to. There's no other choice now. But how...?" How was he supposed to tell you, especially after just making up?

The following day, you had Taehyung walk with you down to the library to meet up with Mingyu for the project. You told him he could stay if that's what he wanted, but he wasn't to disturb either of you with his antics.

"Jiyeong, you're here," Mingyu smiled. He was already sitting there with a laptop in front of him, ready to work. But, when he caught the not-so-pleased boyfriend of yours by your side, he had to resist the urge to pull a smug look. "Oh, I didn't know Taehyung sunbae was tagging along."

"Yeah," you confirmed, as you took a seat in front of him. "I asked if he wanted to stay with me while we worked, so here he is. But don't worry, I told him beforehand to keep his feelings to himself so he wouldn't disturb us."

"Are you sure he's not going to explode just by watching me?" He was grilling Mingyu to no end.

You looked to Taehyung who had a really indifferent look to his face. "Don't worry," you nudged him at the arm, "he'll be good."

Taehyung said nothing and just sat himself down in the chair beside you. While you pulled a laptop from your bag and got yourself all set up, he still couldn't take his eyes off of Mingyu. He was trying to observe him as best he could, checking to see for any particular looks that he would try and sneak his way, but he couldn't find anything.

For the entire 2 hours, because you were present, Mingyu had taken on the role of a diligent student who was trying to get his work down. No intentions of trying to start anything and absolutely no intentions of trying to mess up his current facade. Was he wrong about him?

Once finished with your first session, you stood and stretched out all the kinks that you collected. "I'm so hungry~"

Mingyu chuckled. "Same here," he closed down his laptop. "Should we stop by the convenience store and get something to eat?"

"Ooh, I could go for some ramen!" you chirped. "Taehyung, let's go."

"I'd rather not," he refused, as he wrapped his scarf around his neck.

"Why?" you pouted. "You haven't eaten all day, right?" Your fingers loosely intertwined with his. "So, let's get something to eat." You watched him with the cutest pair of puppy dog eyes that you could offer.

"I'll eat at home, okay?" Taehyung took up his bag from the floor. He gave you a brief little smile, while gently patting your head. He then walked past you and towards the door.

You gave one look to Mingyu, giving him an apologetic look before you jogged off behind him. "Sunbae, wait. How about we stop by the convenience store and pick up some ramen? We can eat at your house."

'Kim Taehyung, you really don't realize the little treasure you have, do you? You're just making it that much easier for me to rat you out quicker than you can come clean.'

After you arrived at his house, you immediately started making ramen for the both of you. Fortunately, he had some other ingredients in the fridge to make the dish a bit more special. Though, while he sat there in waiting, you couldn't help sneaking glances his way every now and then. The way he just sat there quietly, elbow propped up on the arm of the chair, whilst staring blankly at the television, just didn't sit well with you.

"Taehyung, ramen's finished," you called.

The young male pulled himself up from the couch and came over to the kitchen, where you had two bowls sitting on the table. "Thanks," he said, picking the chopsticks up from the side of his bowl. All but the sounds of constant slurps and clinks of the chopsticks hitting the bowls, there was nothing but silence. And being that, that was the case, you decide to speak up. Say what was on your mind.

"Taehyung?" His eyes shot up to you. "Everything okay? I don't know if I'm overthinking it right now, but this past couple of days, you seem to be a bit distant all of a sudden."

The concerned tone in your voice, just added more weight to his chest. And if he were to tell you about what he had done, that concerned tone would be turned to one of rage.

'Look at her. She hasn't done a thing, and I've got her so concerned.' Taehyung sighed. 'I need to tell her. I have to. She has every right to know. He bit his lip as if getting ready to just say it. But, there was something was stopping him. 'She'll be so hurt. I can just imagine her in tears right now. And--and she might just break up with me. No, it's guaranteed that she'll break up with me.' Things had just become much more complicated. 'But if she gets a hold of that video...she'll more than break up with me. She'll kill me, too.' A fresh batch of terror was being served right before him. This became much more of a struggle than in the beginning.

"Taehyung?" Your voice pulled him back from his daunting thoughts. "Are you still feeling upset because of what happened in Hawaii?" From the way he turned his head from you, made you think that was the reason. "Y'know, I was talking to Mingyu about what happened between us before we left Hawaii, and he told me something that I never really stopped to think about. He said that it could've been Kyunghee who was sending you those messages. With that being said, I know, without a doubt, that it had to be her. It just had to be. So, I'm not mad with you anymore. You don't have to worry, alright?"

"Jiyeong," he gulped. He placed a hand over yours, giving it a firm squeeze. "I'm so sorry." His head slipped into a hung position. "I love you," he whispered. 'I love you.'

You starting blushing right on the spot. There was just something about the way he said those words, that put a flutter in your heart. "I love you, too." As you mumbled the heartfelt words right back, you found yourself unable to meet with his earnest eyes anymore.

Little did you know, his apology wasn't for that time, but for the hurt that had yet to be placed on your heart.