「Chapter 107」

A/N: I just want to say thank you to every single one of you lovely marshmallows, who have stuck with me since the 1st chapter. I really, really, really appreciate all the love that I've gotten over the course of this year. All the comments,  upvotes, and subscriptions. It means a whole lot, and I would love to spread this story around even more. I didn't think I would be able to finish this off on this date, but Mr.Shallow ends where it started. That's right, today is the anniversary of Mr. Shallow. But enough with all this stuff, I know you wanna get to the story already, so here I give to you, the final chapter.

Once you step foot outside, everyone gathered around you and gave you a group hug filled with their sentiments. The tight and meaningful embrace lasted for about a minute until every last teardrop was drained from your sockets.

"Have you calmed down a bit now?" Jungkook asked, to which he felt a nod against his chest.

  "Jiyeong, we're so sorry," Jimin sniffed, wiping a fallen tear from his face.

You only nodded to his words. Your throat felt too sore for you to talk. When you pulled away from Jungkook, you were all sniffles and hiccups. Your eyes were more red and puffy, and still, it felt as if there was another wave of tears coming on.

"Jimin," Minji turned to him, "I'm going to go with Jiyeong back to her house and keep her company."

"No," Jungkook spoke up. "I'm going to stay by her side instead. You two can go on and do whatever it was that you had planned."

Jimin and Minji both looked at each other before turning back to Jungkook. "You sure?" Minji asked.

"Yeah," he rested his arms along your shoulders and pulled you against his chest once again. "Come on, Jiyeong. I'll take you back to my house." And with a single nod, Jungkook and you walked towards the curb to see if you could catch a taxi to his house.

Meanwhile, Taehyung sat on his couch in awe. It was over. It really was over. Everything between him and you was no longer. A heartache like this was indescribable. Taehyung's heart ached more than the first time the two of you broke up. It ached even more because he knew there was no apologizing and turning things around like he once did. He knew that there was no way to gain your forgiveness for the umpteenth time. It just wasn't going to happen.

After a couple minutes of just sitting there, trying to pick up any reaming pieces of his shattered heart, Taehyung picked himself up, grabbed his keys and left his empty home. 'I need to go for a walk.'

And so he did. The gloomy college student trudged down the sidewalk, crossing streets aimlessly. His head hung low and his hands were planted deep in his pockets. "Jiyeong..." he called for you, just as his heart told him to. "Jiyeong..." Tears welled up in his sockets, shortly before they fell. Even with its scattered pieces, Taehyung's heart continued to yearn for you. The cries from his inside his chest were so loud, that he couldn't even hear the honking horns coming in from his left.

Just as you had settled down on Jungkook's couch, his phone started ringing. But you weren't interested, not until you heard him ask, "How the hell did he get hit by a car?"