「Chapter 77」

"What'd you buy?" you turned to Taehyung, asking.

"Don't worry about it," he said.

You pouted. "But, why?" Your steps came to a halt, along with his.

Turning back to you, the young male took those few steps closer until he was towering right over you. "Do you really wanna know what I've got in this bag?" His intense gaze had taken you completely captive as it usually did whenever he and you were face to face.

"Yes?" you nearly squeaked in response. 'He's too close.' So close your heart already pounding fiercely against your rib cage.

Before you knew it, Taehyung's lips were only centimeters apart from yours. It seemed like he was going for a kiss with those parted lips of his, but instead, he just asked, "do you really, really want to know?"

He was doing it again. That thing where it felt as if he was sucking away your very breath. 'Please, back up. I'm still supposed to be angry with you right now.' But how in the world could you focus on being angry when the lips you loved to kiss were right in front of you for the taking.

"Jiyeong," he whispered your name so calmly that you shrunk back away from him.

"Yes?" you looked up at him through your fluttering lashes and answered.

"I'm not gonna tell you, yet, so keep patient until I do, okay?" Taking a step in the opposite direction, Taehyung turned his back on you and started walking again.

As soon as he left your side, you took that inhale to restore the air back in your lungs. 'That was close.' You placed a hand over your chest to try and calm you raving heart. 'I was about 2 seconds away from kissing him.'

"Hurry, before I leave you!" he shouted.

"I--I'm coming!" you called back. Taking one more second to calm yourself, you started jogging to try and catch up to him. But he was actually a bit further along than you. 'Stupid legs,' you cursed his long limbs.

"Jiyeong, can we stop here?" Taehyung stopped once again, but this time, pointing to the shop on his left. "They look like they've got some interesting stuff inside."

"M'kay," you nodded. "Let's go."

With a few looks around, you two soon realized that you were in an accessories shop. You thought Taehyung was going to wander around for a bit, but it looked like he had a particular spot picked out. Towards the sunglasses.

When you came up behind him, he was just turning the swivel rack round and round, passing and searching until his eyes finally laid on a particular pair. When he picked up and slid them on his face, into the mirror he looked.

'He looks really good in those,' you thought, observing him from the mirror.