「Chapter 49」

By the time your make-up was finished, the doorbell was ringing. This meant that time was up and it was time to head over to Jimin's place. While she went to go answer the door, Minji thought it'd be best if you had a bit of an entrance, so you kept in the back with the lights turned off in the hallway.

"We're here!" Taehyung shouted before his eyes went wide at the sight of Minji. "Wow, you look great."

"Thanks, you don't look half bad, either."

The rest shoved him out the way, nearly landing him on his face. "Whoa!" Their eyes were just about ready to jump right out their skulls at the sight of how dolled up she was. "Wait 'til Jimin gets a look at her," Hoseok nudged Jungkook with a grin.

"What about Jimin sunbae?" Minji cocked a brow.

"Nothing," Hoseok tried smiling her suspicions away.

When Minji looked over at Jungkook, she could feel her rate jump and race faster than ever. Maybe it was because she was dressed up and hoped to be complimented. Or maybe it was just his cool appearance that gripped her heart so tightly.

"Minji, you look...Wow," he stepped forward with the heart throbbing smile that always got to her. "I never pictured you in a dress before, but I've gotta say that it's a great one."

"Thanks, Jungkook..." She shied away from him a bit when she looked down towards her feet and had her hands clenched together in front of her. 'What the fuck!' Minji could feel the speed of her heart triple, thanks to his no-good compliment. 'He really isn't making things easier for me...'

"You look good, too. Really good."

"Thanks," he grinned.

"Jiyeong?" Taehyung called out. "Where are you?"

"I'm back here," you called out.

"Are you gonna come out? Or stay back there all night?"

"I--I'm coming." Taehyung's ecstatic tone caught you a bit of guard, but nonetheless, you were ready. You took a deep breath and steadily started making your way down the dark hallway and into the lit living room. With each click that your heel made, anticipation and excitement grew inside the both of you.

Jungkook's eyes then shifted up and over from Minji and towards the hallways that were soon about to exit from.

"Here I am..." As soon as you stepped into the light, nobody could take their eyes off of you.

"Wow..." Jungkook's eyes were locked on, with no intention of leaving. "So pretty."

'Welp, the attention was nice while it lasted,' she thought, as a frown became visible.