「Chapter 104」

March was a lot less hectic for you. Ever since you told him off, Taehyung hadn't come by your house or followed you to and from your classes. The most he would do was keep on observing you from a distance. The only difference was, whenever you would turn his way, he would look away; like some shy little kid.

It was good to see that your words didn't totally crush him, but at least he was keeping his distance now. 'I wonder if he'll continue on like this until the end of the school year?'

"Mommy~"

As you were walking up the path of the park, your ears picked up the echoing cries of a little girl, not too far off in the distance. She was sitting on a bench, constantly wiping at her face, as she bawled out for her mother. But sitting right beside the girl, patting her head and trying to calm her down the best he could, was Kim Taehyung.

Your mind was telling you to turn away before he could catch you standing there, but of course, your heart was one to always intervene. You started making your way over to the two of them with a cautious mind. 'I must be out of my mind.' That you were. "What's going on?" you pursed your lips as you stood before him.

Looking up to the female's voice, Taehyung's eyes widened. "O-oh, hey" As soon as he eyes laid on you he turned slightly flustered, yet tried to keep it underway. He darted his gaze down to the concrete. "Uh, she lost her mom, so I thought I'd keep her company until she came back looking for her.

"Oh," you looked down to the sobbing young girl. You smoothed your skirt over your bottom before kneeling down to become face-to-face with her. "Hi there," you smiled sweetly. "My name is Jiyeong. What's your name?"

The girl raised her eyes to you, quivering pout and all.

"I've tried to ask her already," he shook his head, "but she won't say. She won't say anything to me."

The girl sniffed a couple of times before opening her mouth to say, "Oh Nabi."

Taehyung's eyes widened. 'She actually spoke?' He looked up to you.

"Nabi-ah?" You pulled your bag around to sit on your lap and went into your pocket to pull out a small packet of tissues. You slipped two out of the pack an offered them to her. "What a pretty name for such a pretty girl."

She sniffed once more before accepting the tissues. "Thank you." She quickly wiped at her tears and cleaned up her runny nose.

"You're welcome. I'm glad you've stopped crying. I mean, you don't want to show your mommy that you've been crying this whole time, do you? I'm sure you want her to come back to the strong big girl that waited for her return, right?" It took her a bit to answer, but she slowly nodded her head to this. "May I sit beside you?" With her approval, you stood up and sat down on the other side of her. "I know!" you clapped. "How about all three of us sing some songs until your mommy comes back? Would you like that?"

"Okay," she muttered. "Can we sing 'Baby Shark'?" she asked.