「Chapter 85」

"Minji, are you okay?" you turned to face her. You had to speak up and ask her, since there was nothing but endless sniffles going on right beside you.

"No," she sniffed. "I'm not."

"Do you want to talk to me about it?"

"I--" A new set of tears ran down her already soaked cheek. "My life sucks so hard right now."

"Why?" Though, you already knew the answer to that question. After the boys charged out of the hallway before getting caught, Taehyung pulled you aside and told you everything that they had heard. Minji's feelings for Jungkook, Jungkook's one-sided love for some mysterious girl, and even Minji's sudden pregnancy. However, you wanted her to be the one to bring it up for herself instead of you.

Minji scoffed as she flipped over on her back. "Where to even begin with this crazy story?" There were a few seconds of silence before she spoke again. "Let's start with when I fell for Jungkook," she squinted. The idea of her still liking him seemed even crazier than before she actually did.

"How long have you had these feelings for him?" Even hearing it for the second time was shocking.

"For a while. I thought that if I confessed to him, then maybe, just maybe my feelings would be returned, but I guess I'm really no match for that other girl."

"Minji, will you answer me truthfully when I ask this?"

"Ask. At this point, I don't even care."

"Where did you go during the party?" Because there's no way that she was with her grandmother. That was a lie, according to how things went down.

"I was with Jungkook. That girl he slept with...was me. And I know what you're thinking. 'Why would you lie to me'? It's because I had to, Jiyeong. There was no way in hell I could've told you or anyone else about that. It was too embarrassing."

True. Doing something like that, in that kind of situation, was definitely out of her character.

"I didn't mean for things to turn out that way, but when you've got your crush kissing and touching on you, it makes you feel like he wants no one else but you. That aside, I couldn't help myself, and because I couldn't help myself," a few more tears slid down the side of her face, "I've gone and got myself knocked up. But that's not all. You know what he said to me earlier? He said that he doesn't believe me. He doesn't believe for one second that I'm carrying his child."

Your heart was breaking for her entirely. You didn't know where to begin to put yourself in her shoes. But while your heart was breaking, you were feeling anger. Upset about Jungkook's reaction to this entire thing. Anybody would be flustered and even scared about suddenly becoming a parent, but that doesn't excuse the way he talked to her.

Minji turned to face you, showing her red, puffy eyes, and runny nose. "Do you know how much it hurt to hear that? How does he think I feel? I'm the one who's pregnant here!"