「Chapter 98」

After that scene in the hallway, Taehyung found himself down in the student lounge, sitting hunched over, in one of the comfy chairs, unable to get your hurt expression out of his head. 'Jiyeong, it's not like that, I swear. I'd never do something like that to you.' The youth then released a stressful sigh.

"Missing me already, Taehyung?" Taehyung's ear perked up at the familiar voice. He slowly turned his way towards them, and of course, found his troublesome ex: Nam Kyunghee. There was a crease in his brows and a clench in his teeth. 'This bitch.'

"From the looks of things," she leaned over and wrapped her arms around his shoulders, "it would seem that you finally broke up with that stupid little girl."

He quickly shoved her away before standing to face her, yet making sure to keep a distance between them. He wanted to make sure that she wouldn't get a chance to put him in another trance. Though, it's not like he would let that happen a second time.

"Tae, what happened to your face?" she exclaimed. Kyunghee reached up to caress his still slightly bruised face, but had her hand snatched up instead. "Who did this to you?" Whoever it was, she'd make sure they'd pay.

Taehyung made sure to check his surroundings, before continuing on with what he had to say. Fortunately for him, it was just them. "I didn't break up with my girlfriend and I don't plan on it either. When those words left his mouth, Kyunghee could feel herself beginning to heat up. "You and I have nothing to say or do with each other at this point. Do you understand me? Nothing. My happiness is with Jiyeong, and Jiyeong only."

She scoffed, "you really are something, Taehyung. You know that? One day you're kissing me, and the next you're pushing me away, telling me that you love that girl? You're a real fucking joke."

"Think what you want."

"How long do you think you can go on 'loving' her, huh? How long until you're holding me in your arms again?"

"Something like that will never happen again. You know why? Because there will never--ever--be an 'us' again. You and I were never meant to be."

Kyunghee never heard her Taehyung be so cold and sharp-tongued. In seconds, she had tears at filled to the brim. "Would you get real!" There was tremble in her voice. "Ever since I messed you up you've only been able to hook up with these useless girls and throw them away like they were nothing. And you know why? Because they weren't me. There's no other woman who can satisfy and love you like I can. No one!"

"And that's where you're wrong. When Jiyeong came around, she pulled me from the state you left me in. It was because of her, that I stopped messing around with all those girls. She's the one who gave back my happiness. When I'm with her, I'm can be my true self and love her as comfortably as I want. She's the girl of my dreams."

"Yah, Kim Taehyung, you can stop with all the bullshit talk now. 'Girl of your dreams'? This is the second time that you've come to me because that girl's hurt you!"

"Jiyeong only acts the way she does because of me! I'm the one always messeing up and always hurting her! But, things are different now. And if it needs to be said a million times, then I'll keep saying it: The only one I need is Jiyeong, and I wouldn't trade the love we have for the world."

"Oh, it's 'different', huh?" Kyunghee chuckled. "Alright, I won't push for you anymore, okay? Just know that I'm going to sit back and wait until you crumble that girl's heart. You're going to end up hurting her, just like I did you. And when that happens, I'll be in the background, laughing at how 'different' this time was."

"I love Jiyeong," was all he had to say.

"Yeah," she smirked, "keep telling yourself and everyone else that." Kyunghee then turned on her heel and started walking away, leaving him behind. "Somebody will have to believe you sooner or later."

Taehyung watched her finally leave the room and turn the corner. He plopped himself back down in the chair, feeling as if a few pounds had actually been lifted off him. But not a whole lot. There was still the need to tell you about what he did. But before that, he was going to need to find and get you to speak to him again. But, at least Kyunghee wouldn't be coming around anymore.

He turned on his phone and observed the peaceful picture he had taken of you during one of your naps. "Whatever happens, I'm not letting you go."

A period later, Taehyung went down into the cafeteria, hoping to find you there already. He couldn't text you, because it was obvious that you would just ignore the crap out of him. But the only ones seemed to come down, was Yoongi, Namjoon, Hoseok, and Jimin.

"You're not starting with your bullshit again, are you?" Yoongi asked. "Not talking to Jiyeong and whatnot."

"No, of course not," he shook his head.

"Then why did she text me that she wasn't coming down here because she wanted to give you your space?" Jimin asked, showing him the text messages.

"That's...because..."

"And what's more, is that it was only a couple days after he slept with her. People are starting to talk about her you know, and not in a good way. I'm sure you can imagine why."

"Kim Taehyung, you bad, bad man," Hoseok shook his head with a judgmental look fixed on him.

"I wouldn't do that to her! You all know how I feel about her."

"Do we really?" Namjoon quirked a brow.

"Look," Yoongi intervened, "this is his relationship, right? What he decides to do with it, is completely out of our hands at this point."

Taehyung rolled his eyes and sighed. "Her classes should be finished by now," he muttered, looking at the time on her phone. "If she's not coming down here, then she's probably at home by now. Or at least on her way." Taehyung went to his message with you and started typing away.

Those were the messages Taehyung left you along with the way home. Each message he sent was read on your side, but there was no response. 'I knew she'd be like this. I don't blame her though. I did the same thing to her.' Taehyung sighed greatly and fell back into his bed. 'I just hope she's not crying right now.'