Chapter eleven: Charon

''Emma, slow down. We need to talk about this. We need a plan.'' David said, walking behind Emma along side Regina, Robin, Henry and Lillian. Peter wanted to come as well, but Lillian and Henry both argued him into staying home with the twins in case Killian went after them. 

''The plan is find Hook before he resurrects all of the Dark Ones.'' Emma said, not even bothering to turn around as she kept on walking through the streets. ''You think dealing with one is bad.''

''There's more than one Dark One?!'' Grumpy practically yelled as he came out of the shadows. Lillian turned his way and smirked. 

''Since when does that surprise you?'' 

''It's a long story.''

''Well, no matter. There's seven of us.''

''Six. Dopey's still a tree.''

''We may be down a dwarf, but we're ready to fight.''

''You won't have to. I'm going to take care of this.'' Emma kept on walking, still refusing to look behind her. 

''You think you can talk him out of this?'' Her mother asked, looking over to Emma before looking at David and Lillian. 

''There's no talking. We have to hit him with everything we've got.'' Regina told them, smirking at Lillian who gave a soft nod 

''Well, it's not his fault. He didn't want to become the Dark One.'' Mary Margret told them, not even thinking of Emma's feelings.

''But he did because of me. None of that matters anymore.'' Emma finally turned around, almost letting Lillian crash into her before Regina placed a hand on her lower back, stopping the young girl from falling. ''Regina's right. We need to hit him with everything.''

''This is a man you loved.''

''That man died back in Camelot. Now all there is is the Dark One.'' Lillian noted, knowing so from her own experience. ''When the darkness takes over, it will take on full control in the end.'' 

''So, no matter how hard this might be we need to split up, find him, and stop him no matter what it takes.''

Lillian walked towards the docks, looking for Killian when she heard small footsteps behind her. She turned herself around on her heel, her curly hair hitting her in the face as she did so. When she turned back to look at whoever was following her, she got a good look at them. 

It was wearing a black hood, had a navy blue dress on it's body, had black curls and bright red eyes. Lillian took a small step back as the Dark Lilith smirked at her, walking through Lillian, sending her a few steps back with a look of disbelief on her face. 

''What just happened to us?!'' Regina and the others all walked up to Emma and Henry as Lillian took a hold of Henry's arm, studying his wrist. 

''I think I may have the answer to that. Check your wrists.'' Lillian said, still looking at the mark on Henry.

''What is that?'' Emma asked, looking directly at Lillian, who seemed very uncomfortable with the mark on everyone's wrists. 

''That is the mark of Charon. He was the ferryman in the old myths. He navigated a boat to the underworld.'' She let go of Henry's arm, eyes falling onto the ground as she looked at her own wrists. ''You see, the Dark Ones only have a a temporary pass into this world, like a -- like a tourist visa. The only way for them to stay is to trade places with living souls.''