Chapter twenty-two

Peter looked up from the book he was reading as Robin and Alice rushed into his house. The twins alongside Logan walked towards them, listening to their story. Alice felt that something was wrong with her father and most likely, the rest of the group. The four members didn't hesitate and rushed alongside them to find more help. 

Lillian shivered in Rumple's arms as he brought her into the cabin within the snow globe. He placed her onto the couch, taking off his jacket and throwing it around her shoulders to help her keep warm. 

''I-I-I'm s-s-sorry Rumple.'' He frowned as he knelled down next to her, placing his hand on her arm. ''N-now you c-can't get back t-to Belle.'' 

''Lillian, we'll find something. I'm going to get you your magic back.'' She shivered under his jacket as he walked back to the captain of the Jolly Roger, shivering himself. 

''I don't understand. Why are you cold?'' He questioned, his eyes set in a desperate manner as he looked at the former villain. ''The Dark One doesn't get cold.''

''I'm afraid... Rumpelstiltskin used the author's pen for more than he let on. He's stripped me of my immortality... and of my powers. So I can neither escape, nor stop him.''

''From doing what?''

''Well, that's the question. You see, he is me...'' He sighed softly as he tried to keep himself warm, glancing at Lillian who was trembling on the couch. ''but with the darkness unchecked by the love of Belle. He will use this new power to hurt anyone he can and drag us all into the darkness where he wallows.''

''Seems like wallowing is something you have in common.''

''Excuse me?''

''Look, I'm sorry that you can't be with Belle, but you're not the only one who's suffered loss. I may never fix my heart. I may never be together with Alice again... but I'm not giving up.'' 

Lillian gave a grateful smile as Henry threw a blanket over her cold body, rubbing it over her skin to get her warm faster than only the blanket would. ''You okay?'' She softly shook her head as she looked at her father who was still pacing around the cabin. 

''Not really ... '' She sighed as she looked at her hand before closing her eyes. A tear slipped from her eye as no golden glow came from her hand. ''I-I don't know what to do without magic.'' She chocked on a sob as she tried to keep silent, not wanting Rumple's attention. ''I can't get Rumple back to Belle without and I can't get us out of this either.'' Henry pulled her closer, holding her in his arms in attempt to comfort her and to warm her up. 

''We'll find something to fix this Lillian.'' He let her sob onto his shoulder as he stroked her hair. ''As soon as we get out, which we will.'' He pulled back as he looked at her tear stained face. ''I'll write the story as it should be written.'' He glanced at Hook and Rumple as they walked out of the cabin, trying to break out. ''And you'll get your father back to his lover.'' Lillian chuckled at the choice of words, softly wiping a tear from her cheek as she nodded. ''Okay?''

''Okay.'' What neither of them expected was to end up in Rumple's study only a moment later. Lillian stood next to Henry as she glanced around, her eyes landing on Peter and the twins who rushed forward to her, Peter bringing her into a passionate kiss. 

Henry spoke up next, his eyes going over the group. ''Hey, where's my mom? Please tell me she's with you.'' 

''We found this nailed to a tree right when we got here.'' Robin spoke as she handed Henry a pamphlet.  

"Come see King Henry serve justice to the Evil Queen at dawn"? Lucy took it from her fathers hands as she read the words again, Ella speaking up.