Chapter twenty-three: Jekyll and Hyde

''Did you get into your own rum? You believe that's going to work when my magic can't?'' Killian let the chain drop out of his hand, he had been trying to pick the lock with his hook, but Zelena wasn't all too pleased with it.

''Well, I suppose I could just do nothing, but then again, that's your job!''

''If you really want to get out of here, I can arrange a trip right back to the Underworld!''

''Will both of you shut up!? I'm trying to concentrate!'' Lillian's eyes snapped open as she turned on her heel, staring at Zelena and her cousin. Her eyes red from both anger and magic as she closed them, David's hand on her shoulder. He knew how much the teenager hated it to not be able to do something what had to do with magic.

''Now, we need to be patient. The Groundsman promised to fix the wand and bring it back to us.'' Lillian scoffed, she already told them that it had been a stupid plan, but she didn't explain the reason behind it. 

''Unfortunately, I was only able to keep half my promise.'' 

''What do you mean? Where's the wand?'' Zelena yelled at him as Lillian took a step closer to the end of the cage, ready to attack if the groundsman tried anything against her friends and family. 

''I repaired it, but then the Warden took it from me. I didn't come empty-handed, though.'' He showed a key and smirked at the Charmings. ''Seems the Orderly, he enjoyed a little bit too much whiskey today.''

''We need to get the wand back from that warden. Do you know where he is?''

''Eh, no, uh, but first things first, before we find him, we must have a way to defeat him.He's quite powerful. Now, I might have a way, but it is dangerous.''

''Hasn't stopped us before.'' Snow said as she and David walked out of the cage, glancing at each other before taking each others hand. Baelfire took both of the twins by their hand, noticing that Lillian could use the comfort of Peter at the moment. 

''I just went to hell and back. I'm not afraid of your Warden.'' The groundsman looked at Killian and than turned his gaze to Lily, who was holding onto Peter's hand as tightly as she could.

''Then follow me.''

''Bloody hell.''

''Where are we?''

''It's like all the realms all at once.'' Peter glanced at Lillian again, who had put a magic barrier around herself, shielding her true identity from the villagers. He could only imagine how many people were there because of her and Rumple. He pushed his arm over her shoulders and kissed her cheek, trying to somewhat comfort her as she was pressing herself into his side.  

''You're closer than you think. This land is a refuge filled with outcasts from all over. Each forced to flee their problems. Each finding safe haven here.'' 

''Forced to flee from what?''

''Well, the reasons are as varied as the populace, and everyone has their own tale. That's why this place has come to be known as 'The Land of Untold Stories.' '' Lillian spoke softly.

'' It's a tad ironic of a name, no, given that this land is seemingly filled with stories.'' Killian turned to his cousin, shaking his head as he saw that she had another face on. 

''Perhaps, but there's only one story we need to worry about right now. That's our own.'' The groundsman said, turning back to Lillian, giving her a nod, going unnoticed by the other members of the family.