Chapter twenty

--------Once upon a time--------

Lillian stood in the door frame as she watched Henry and Regina, Regina bugging Henry about getting against the wall to measure how tall he was now. 

''Do we really have to do this now, Mom? '' Lillian chuckled as she watched him. The look on his face was miserable as he glared at Lillian, who stuck out her tong to him.

''Come on, it's your last first day of school.'' He sighed loudly as he leaned against the wall, his arms crossed over each other.  ''Just give me this, and you'll never have to do it again.'' He sighed again as Lillian tilted her head at him, silently pleading him to do it. 

He stood against the wall as Regina marked it with her finger, Henry stepping out of the way as Lily threw him his backpack. The two of them were already outside the gate when Regina's voice popped out behind them. 

''Henry? Wait.'' The two teens turned around, frowning as Henry rested his arm on Lily's shoulder, finally being taller than the girl. ''You forgot your lunch.'' Lillian sensed the twinkle in her eye as Regina held up the lunchbox. 

''Seriously? I haven't used a lunch box since fifth grade.''

''Oh, just open it.'' Lillian chuckled as Henry sighed once more, opening it up and looking at a set of keys in it. 

''No way.'' He took the keys as they rattled softly, his head turning to the car behind him as he pointed at it.

''Henry, I know you think I treat you like a child, but... Well, you're not my little boy anymore. And next year you'll need this car to drive across town to Storybrooke College.''

''Right.'' Lillian sensed the distress in him, frowning softly as she looked at him, just like Regina was, although Regina didn't seem to notice Henry's discomfort. ''This is, uh, great.'' 

''Henry?'' Lily questioned him softly, her eyes roaming over his face as Regina now too noticed how uncomfortable Henry was. 

''It's just... I'm not sure if SBC is the right move for me... since it's not a move at all. It's still in Storybrooke.''

''Well, what's wrong with that? Storybrooke's your home. '

''But I'm the only kid that wasn't whisked here from the Enchanted Forest.'' Lillian did agree with that, she couldn't not agree. It was simply a fact. ''I'm from the real world. Maybe I should get out there and consider other options.''

''Other options.'' Regina questioned herself softly, although Henry didn't seem to hear her, or he just ignored it. 

''Thanks, Mom. I'll bring her home without a scratch.'' Lillian gave Regina a soft wave as she stepped into the passenger seat, a smile on her face as she buckled herself. 

--------Once upon a time--------

Lillian walked next to Weaver as they arrived at Roni's, looking at Regina who was stirring in a cauldron. 

''I'm sorry, I don't remember ordering a traitor with a side of betrayal.''

''Lucy told me about Gothel's visit.''

''Yes, well, then you know she has magic and we don't.'' Lillian looked down to the floor at those words, except for her family and Rumple, no-one knew about the discovery yet. ''I'm trying to harness what I can from that storm so I can at least go a round or two with her.''