Chapter five

As the elevator doors opened of the cell she was in, she snapped her head up, sighting when Drizella walked in. She sat back down as she glared at her. 

''Hello Lilith.'' 

Hunter rushed out of the elevator, he was late for picking up Lucy to get her to ballet. ''You're late, ballet starts in ten minutes.'' She than frowned, pointing her finger at him. ''Wasn't Sophie picking me up?''

''She's too busy with boys.'' Lucy chuckled at him as the door opened again, reveling Sabine who smiled at them. 

''Aunt Sabine! What are you doing here?''

''Excellent question. You know, this is a private property, so unless you've risen up in the world from fry cook, you don't belong here.''

''I just came to give Lucy this.'' Sabine held up a bag, letting Lucy to frown as she took a hold of the bag, peeking inside. 

''Your famous beignets!''

''They're not nearly as fun to make without my favorite taste tester.'' Sabine smiled at her as she pulled her into a small hug, it being disrupted as the elevator opened again, Victoria walking out, Ivy frowning at her as she got up from her seat. 

''Mother, I've been trying to get a hold of you for the last hour. Where have you been?''

''Funny, here I thought you worked for me. Run along to the herbalist and pick up a few things.''

''The herbalist? Are you doing a cleanse without me?''

''No, Ivy, try less whimpering and more scampering.'' Victoria turned to Hunter and Lucy who were standing next to Sabine. Victoria smirked as she saw Sabine, walking towards them.  ''Sabine, what a coincidence. I was just talking about you.''

''You were? Why?''

''I was going over your rental agreement. And I've decided to increase your rent 10 percent  starting this month.''

''You know we can't afford that.''

''Given the booming neighborhood, I could ask for double.'' ''Consider it a family discount.''

''You can't do this, Grandma. It isn't fair.'' Lucy answered, Hunter pulling her back by her coat slightly, he knew Victoria wouldn't actually do anything, but it was in his nature to make sure Lucy was safe. 

''It's okay, Luce. I can fight my own battles. I always have.'' Sabine turned away from the two children again, looking back at Victoria. ''We both know this isn't business, Victoria. You want to push us out? Well, we will just push right back.''

After Hunter had dropped Lucy of at the ballet, he meet up with Henry and Rogers for the missing girl case. He was invested in it, hoping that it was somehow his mother, or even Emma for that matter. Either one of both could surely break this curse.

''Well, I'm no cop, but for a case about a missing girl, that doesn't seem like a whole a lot of evidence.'' Henry and Hunter looked inside of the box as Hunter took out one of the files, reading over the paper as Rogers nodded. 

''Which makes Eloise Gardener's disappearance all the more difficult to solve. The case went cold about ten years ago this month. It's become a kind of side project of mine.''

''Why is it so important to you?'' Henry questioned. 

''We all got things that gnaw at us.'' Roni walked back into her cafe, smiling at the three boys.'' The keg room has a strong lock. Plus, my baseball bat and friendly demeanor will keep away any prying eyes you're worried about.''

''Thanks. I better head back to the station.'' Rogers grabbed a book out of the box, turning to walk away from the three other people in the room until Henry spoke up, grabbing his arm to stop the detective. 

''What is that?''

''Oh, this was hers.'' He looked down onto the book, pursing his lips together. ''It contains sketches, some angsty teenage poetry. I like to thumb through it when things get quiet at the precinct.''

''You know, I'm all about commitment, but, uh, I think maybe you should pick up a hobby or two.'' He frowned at Roni before he pursed his lips together, looking at Hunter before shaking his head. 

''I'll take that into consideration. Thanks again.''

''I'm going to head out too, get some of this checked out by myself and Sophie.'' He sighed as he grabbed a few files, muttering under his breath. ''If she's not too busy sucking someone's face.'' 

Lillian sat in the dark room that Lady Tremaine had locked her in, her wrists locked by a cuff similar to the one of Tamara and Greg, but this one was hung by a chain on the other side of the room, leaving her with a space of just over 10 feet. 

She had to admit she was becoming more desperate with the day, not knowing how Peter, Liam and Luna were doing. She hadn't seen Baelfire in years, even before the curse had hit them. Rumple and herself hadn't seem each other in a couple of years, so she didn't know if he was there at all. She laid on the floor, looking up to the dark ceiling , closing her eyes and letting herself fall into a deep sleep. 

Sophie had picked up Lucy earlier than expected to make sure Victoria wouldn't know they visited Jacinda and Sabine. 

''Amazing! You're really doing it. I saw your pop-up ad on my ballet instructor's phone.''

''What I won't be seeing is you if your grandma realizes that you are here.''

''Don't worry. I told Victoria ballet's going late so we could come be a part of your dream.'' Lucy smiled and nodded at Sophie's words.

''In fact, I have a small addition to it.'' Lucy stamped one of the bags with a big stamp, showing a firefly printed on it. ''When we would make beignets, Sabine would tell me when she was my age, she was so poor she couldn't afford stars to wish on, so she wished on fireflies'' Both Sabine and Jacinda chuckled as Sophie placed a hand on Lucy's shoulder, showing her support.

''I love it. -- I love it.'' She looked around at the empty bags, smirking at the young girl. ''You know, I want you to stamp all of those bags as our new official logo.'' Lucy took the bags from her as Sophie led her outside, waving at Jacinda and Sabine in a goodbye. 

You didn't think I would let Lillian out of this story did you? I found it time that she returned and I just missed her too much to leave her out of this story. I hope you enjoyed, and if you did please leave a vote, comment and add this book to your reading list to stay updated, I'll see you soon! 

-X Violet's-library