Chapter seventeen: Gaston

Lillian and Henry were walking around as Snow let Emma and Killian in, Emma embracing her mother as she did. Lily could sense that Emma just had a nasty dream, her heart was still beating at an abnormal rage and the way she rushed to her mother seemed too strange for anyone just hugging their mom.

''Mom.''

''Oh! Is everything okay?''

''Yeah. It's just good to see you.''

''When you're done hugging it out, Emma, I can use a little help here.'' Regina turned to Emma as Lillian walked up to them, smirking as she did so.

''So this is what you've been working on all night. This is our new plan to defeat Hades and go home A bunch of squiggly lines?''

''Hades put one hell of a protection spell on his elevator, and these "squiggly lines" are the only way to crack it open.'' Lily snapped at her cousin, she was over the point of people commenting on magic while they didn't know a thing about it.

''Then hopefully that elevator will take us straight to him.''

''Maybe with surprise on our side, we can get a shot at him.''

''That's a lot of maybe's and hopefully's.'' Killian looked at his girlfriend and his cousin with a doubtful look, but Lillian rose her shoulders and stared back at the door. She started to tug on her gloves, a tick when she got nervous. 

''It's all we have right now.''

''Okay. Let's do this.'' Emma turned to Regina and Lillian as all three of them raised their hands. White, black and gold shimmer filled the door as all three of them tried to concentrate on unlocking the door.

As the door opened, Lily's face dropped along side her hands. There was only a bare wall on the other side, Hades knew they would try it. 

''So much for surprising him.'' David placed a hand on Lily's shoulder, trying to comfort the teenager, being back in the underworld while she had Peter, Neal and the twins waiting for her was taking a toll on her. 

''Oh, we'll think of something else. We always do.''

''What if? What if I could burn our names off the gravestones that Hades made for us, the ones holding us here?'' Regina shook her head at Emma, letting her hands fall next to her in defeat.

''I looked for a spell like that.''

''It doesn't exist.Actually, it does. It kind of came to me in a dream -- I know it sounds crazy, but I can remember every detail. It would be a long shot, but Well --''

''as for maybe's and hopefully's, I've learned never to question yours. I'm coming with you.'' Hook smiled at his girlfriend as she gave him a grateful look, making Lillian fake gag at them before Killian slightly pushed her forward.  

''Snow and I will take Henry back to the apartment, keep him safe.''

''No, actually, I'm gonna go with Emma. -- I promised to take down Hades and get back to our son, remember? If this is how we do it, I'm in.''

''Emma, I wouldn't argue with your mother. Trust me.'' Lillian chuckled at the comment, hugging David and Henry goodbye before they left the clock tower. Lillian put her hands in her back pockets and listened to Regina.

''Get going, and I'll I'll meet you at the cemetery. First, I should talk to my sister. Apparently, she has some history with Hades.''

''You think she'll talk to you?'' 

''I don't know. But if he does have a weakness, she might be the only person who knows what it is.''

''I'm going to find Rumple, he may have another idea to leave if this fails, and I think I might be able to make him talk if he does.'' Hook and Emma both gave her a nod before Lily shared a small and quick hug with Killian, saying her goodbye before leaving to find her adoptive father.