Chapter eighteen: Cora's seance

"Rumple," As Lily softly walked into the woods she began cautiously, taking a step towards him with her right hands raised, palms facing towards him. ''You don't want to do this." His eyes flashed to hers briefly before settling back on Robin, who currently had a crossbow trained towards the chest of Lillian's former mentor. He'd appeared in the middle of the camp, startling the Merry Men and the few remaining lost boys, including Lily.

"Lily-" Darren began, his eyes flashing between Rumple and Robin before settling on the lost girl, his expression torn.

"Go! Get Peter and the others." When the lost boy didn't move, she turned her head to him. "That wasn't a suggestion." she hissed lowly and Darren nodded, flashing Rumple another glance before he took off at a sprint from the camp, heading deeper into the woods.

Peter and the other lost boys had gone off several hours ago, attempting to track down the flying monkeys and capture one. The desire to try and reverse Zelena's spell on the men was almost overpowering, honestly, the idea of one-upping her in any matter was currently Lily's top priority.

"You know this arrow never misses its mark." Robin threatened darkly, his fingers tightening on the trigger as Rumple continued to stare at the people in front of him, the blankness in his eyes frightening Lily more than she cared to admit.

"If I could stand down, I would." Rumple mumbled softly, sounding like his mouth was filled with cotton. "Heed me. Give me the heart." He demanded, baring his teeth in a snarl.

"No." Robin answered sharply, advancing slightly when Rumple sighed, his upraised hand twisting slightly.

"Now, who's this?" Lillian quickly whirled around at the sound of footsteps in time to see Roland standing several feet away, his little face filled with fear as he dropped the sticks he'd collected for the fire.

"Roland, go back!" Robin shouted hoarsely, his fear-filled eyes flickering between his son and Rumple.

"Come here, little boy." Rumple soothed, his voice low and rough and Lillian felt a shiver of dread go down her back, aware that while Rumple would never hurt a child of his own free will, Zelena's will was something's entirely different.

"Don't!" Robin snapped, his face turning ashen. "Please." He begged softly, a snarl forming on his lips as Rumple slowly turned his attention back to the man in front of him.

"I don't want to," Rumple shook his head sadly. "I really don't." He looked back at a terrified Roland and waved his hand. "Come closer, little boy."

"Roland!" Lily cried out when she saw the spell force the little boy forward, her eyes snapping to Rumple's before she found herself in front of the boy, groaning as she resisted the brunt of the spell on her back.

Clearly seeing that he wasn't going to be able to move the young sorceress, Rumple switched spells and sharp, burning pain was suddenly shooting at Lillian's back. She yelled in pain as she was forced onto her knees. 

"Lily!" Roland reached for the teenager, his little hands touching her shoulder as Rumple intensified the spell.

"Stop it!" as her hearing got worse, she dimly heard Robin shout, the voices faraway and muffled, though Roland was right in front of her. The only voice she heard with any clarity was Rumple's.

"I don't want to do this, Lilith. Move." He snarled warningly as she shook her head numbly, wincing when the pain increased again.

"I didn't want to do this either, but..." Hearing the crossbow release the arrow, quite aware that it wouldn't hit Rumple, the thought proving true when Lily heard the crystal clarity of Rumple's low growl.