Chapter twenty: Gepetto

''Lillian, sweetheart are you alright?'' Granny pushed her hand to the door, frowning when neither herself or Ruby got a response. The other woman had slipped into the inn early in the morning and had not left the bathroom since. 

''She's still in there? Are we sure she hasn't drowned herself?'' 

--------Once upon a time--------

Lilith ignored the the pounding on the door as she kept her hands up, shielding the wood with her magic. Not even a Dwarf pickaxe could go through it. As if on cue, a loud noise cam in contact with the wood, making it tremble as Lilith had t take a step back to keep her magic up. She did not raise her head, trying to concentrate while more than one thought was racing through her mind. Whatever had happened to her, Rumple claimed he would put a stop to it. 

Biting her lip, she fell down to the floor, her head pounding as Snow White ran into the room. ''Lilith? Lilith, talk to me.''

The young teenager, despite the progress Snow and herself had made toward a friendship chose not to speak, but just let herself cry on the floor, Snow rubbing small circles on her back. 

  --------Once upon a time--------  

In the bathroom, almost fully curled up in the shower. Lillian closed her eyes to shave off the almost endless supply of tears leaving her eyes. Tugging her legs to her chest she almost bit into her knee, trying to stop herself from crying even more. She hadn't realized how much she had missed Bae, hoe much she wished August was Bealfire himself. Until it was ripped away from her. 

She failed. She left him on Neverland with Peter and the Lost Boys. The tears began to flow, fast and she couldn't even make out which drops were her tears or from the water pouring on herself. 

She only left the bathroom after Henry called her downstairs. She was sitting with Henry when Emma finally walked into the cafe. Emma eyes both children before sitting down, frowning at them. ''So, what's the emergency?''

''Shh! This is sensitive.'' Henry scolded her, Lillian held her laugh as the roles between mother and son seemed to change. 

''If it's so sensitive, why are we at Granny's?'' Henry shrugged and gave her a small smile.

''He was hungry.'' Lily told Emma, both woman laughing a bit before turning back to Henry.

''Who else knows that we hide the book at the station? Someone changed it. There is a new story in it.'' Henry opened the book , pushing it towards Emma while Lillian tilted her head at the book.

''Why would anybody add a new story?'' Lily looked over to Henry, thinking of the story that she had just read before Emma walked in.

''To tell us something we need to know about the curse. But I don't know what it is. The story isn't finished.'' Emma tilted her head at the two children in front of her. 

''Why would somebody go through so much trouble to add a story that isn't even finished?'' 

''That is what's weird. The story is about Pinocchio, but everyone already knows that story. There isn't really much to it...'' Lillian told both of them, thinking of Pinocchio and Gepetto. ''But, you are going to be late for school. Come on.'' She offered him her hand and pulled him along with her, out of the cafe.