Chapter fifteen: Lily's sacrifice

Watching Emma walk inside, Lillian walked to stand beside David, Peter still next to her.

''If you want privacy, talk fast. We open in twenty and no one comes between Leroy and his bacon.'' Lily chuckled as she turned back to the family in front of her. All of the charming family   -excluding Henry, but including Regina- and Killian was sitting in front of her. 

''Is there any sign of our quarry?'' Killian asked, turning to Emma.

''I went all over the farmhouse and the land around it -- nothing.''

''Well, now that the sun is up we should hit every single place Gold may go. Lillian?''

''The house, the cabin, the shop, the woods. There are way too many places. And if he was able to get to me, he would have done it by now.'' As Peter placed a hand on Lillian's shoulder in comfort, she placed her own on top of it, leaning her head onto his chest. 

''We have bigger issues than Gold being back. The fact that he was in the wicked witch's basement, for one. For all we know, she might control Lilith next.'' Turning to face Lily, who now pursed her lips together, Regina stood up. ''I'm going to go back to that farmhouse. It's possible the witch left behind some trace of potion or a special ingredient.''

''Have at it, be careful.'' Emma warned her, slightly worried for the woman.

--------Once upon a time--------

''Lillian?''  As Lily turned to face her father, she smiled. She ran towards him as she evolved him into a hug. She hadn't seen him in a few days as he had been running with the business. As he kissed the top of her head, she closed the space between them. Pushing her head into his neck as she smiled brightly.

''Are you staying now?'' 

''I'm never leaving you again.'' 

--------Once upon a time--------

Lillian had decided to check into the woods for her father. As someone knocked into her, she groaned, falling unto her arse as she started to curse. ''Hey watch i-'' As she stopped talking she stared into his eyes, jumping right at him. ''Rumple!'' 

Helping her father stand, Lillian let him put all of his weight on her, he had become much skinnier than he had been, and it worried the young girl. ''It'll be okay, I promise.'' 

''Bealfire... there is something wrong.'' As he placed his hand into her own, her eyes flashed a bright red. Seeing her brother lying in the grass with Emma next to him. She turned to her father. As he gave a nod, both of them began to run. Lillian was already collecting all of her magic to come to her hands, ready to heal him if anything went wrong. 

As Lily heard a loud scream, she turned to Gold. As he gave her a nod, he allowed her to refuse the dagger and appear next to Neal and Emma. ''Neal! No, no!'' 

As quickly as she had shown up, as quickly she got to work. Her hands shimmering over his body, resting on his heart. Now realizing what was wrong, she had to make an decision. Looking at her brother, she couldn't let him die, not like that. 

As Emma continued to talk to him, Lily stood up. As Emma pulled Mr. Gold out of Neal, Lily got to work as soon as she could. Placing Neal's hand into her own, she concentrated on her voice calling on the power of the dagger. The dagger did this, so the dagger could restore it as well. 

As she took over the brand, she stared at her own hand. As her own breathing became faster, she heard Neal's turning into a normal pace. He was going to live, she knew it. But she herself, she was too weak. Pulling Peter and Malcolm apart, and now helping Baelfire ... her magic was too weak to support herself. 

Closing her red eyes, she allowed the darkness to pull her away. Listening to the dagger, her father, her brother and Emma call for her name, she knew she had to fight on ... but she just couldn't.

Holy crap, I did not know if I wanted to keep Neal alive, but I did. I had to make a sacrifice and I'll have to work out how Lily is going to be in this story, cause I'm not ready to give up on her. Rumple and Baelfire are very much alive now, just like Peter, and I'm going to make a way for Lillian to be there! I hope you enjoyed this chapter, if you did, leave a vote, a comment, a follow and maybe even a theory/suggestion on how I'm going to make sure Lily is here.

-X Violet's-library