Chapter thirteen: Abigail and David

''Who was that?'' Mary Margret asked as Emma walked into the Granny's cafe. She raised her shoulders and looked around herself. 

''I don't know yet. Where is Lillian? I really need to talk to her and-'' 

''She is with Archie, and don't you dare to change the subject miss Swan.'' Mary replied with her calm but stern teacher voice as Lily and Henry liked to call it. ''You said YET, so you are going to find out?'' Emma took a quick glance at the door and raised her shoulders. 

''It's nothing.''

''Nothing means nothing with you. Because if it were nothing, we wouldn't be talking about it.'' The door opened and Lillian quickly walked in, practically running towards the table and sitting down next to Mary Margret. 

''I am sorry, but hopefully i won't have to stay here long.'' 

''No worries, I thought you called us here to talk about you?'' Emma said leaning into earshot of whispering. Lillian also leaned forward and looked at the teacher with a 'Come on than' look. 

''Yeah, but talking about you is easier right now. Remember how you two told me to stay away from David, and i agreed? I didn't...'' Lillian gave a soft chuckle and turned to Emma

''Yeah, we know.'' Mary Margret eyes widened up and turned to Lillian before turning to Emma.

''What, how?'' Emma laughed and tilted her head, taking a small sip from her coffee. 

''Because i'm the sheriff, and you're a love sick teacher.''  Lily gave a soft nod and lifted her fingers up. 

''Covering your tracks is not really your strong suit. Two teacups in the sink.'' She said as she raised a first finger. ''New perfume, late nights, plunging neck lines.'' She started to list while putting another finger up. 

''It was really not that hard to connect the dots. When I met you, you were a top button kind of girl. I'm not your mother so i wouldn't tell you anything.'' Emma smiled while Mary Margret looked down at her cup. 

''Well, according to Henry, she is yours.'' Lillian laughed and put her hand over Mary Margrets. She thought back to the book, to the forest. Oh how she missed her old life. 

''I just figured that you would let me know when it was time. I'm assuming it's time.''  

''He's telling Kathryn. Everything.'' Lily looked up and gasped. Charming was finally doing it, he was starting to follow his heart. 

  ------------Once upon a time---------- 

''But the lake is guarded by a ghastly creature, that drowns it victims. No on  e who ever faced it has lived to return.'' Charming looked at his ex-fiance and thought for a small second, remembering a powerful teenager who owned him a favor.

''Don't give up hope just yet... I know someone who can help us. We'll both have our happy ending. I know she can succeed.'' 

  ------------Once upon a time---------- 

August was copying the pages of the storybook, looking back at it, Charming must have been a fool to think of Lilith. Rumpelstiltskin would never let him down on it. That girl had a fire in her, no doubt, but she was the kind of person that would never break a promise to anyone. Especially if that someone was her very own mentor.