37

The head maid shuddered.

It was extremely hot outside, yet she felt like it was freezing.

She raised her head only to meet Angelina's cold as ice eyes.

The head maid kowtowed three times and continued to beg for forgiveness.

"Please forgive this lowly servant! This lowly servant has made a mistake! This lowly servant will never do it again!"

Tina's legs went soft. She has never seen the head maid in such a state.

The head maid always kept her head high. She always acted high and mighty.

It was as if she ran the mansion and the mansion belonged to her. She acted like she was in charged.

There was a moment of silence.

Tina and the head maid, with their heart beating incredibly fast, waited for Angelina's response.

Fortunately, Angelina seemed to forgive the head maid. But she didn't let the head maid go without a warning.

"I'll let you go this time, head maid. But don't do it again. Just because I let you go this time doesn't mean I'll let you go again the second time."

"Marie is my people. If there are any problems, you must report it to me. Don't decide things on your own. "

Angelina bent down to the head maid's eye level. So the head maid could not avoid Angelina's eyes.

"Don't challenge my authority. In some cases you are in charge of the mansion's servants. But don't forget who you work for."

"You might be above the other servants. But I'm above you and you listen to my orders. Don't expect me to bow down to you."

"Know your place" Angelina got up with the help of Marie's hand for support.

"Yes, miss" the maid was extremely embarrassed and angry.

Angelina didn't even glance at the head maid before leaving with Marie.

"Head maid....." Tina prepared herself for the head maid's anger outburst.

As soon as the head maid got up, she cursed Angelina in her heart.

"Head maid.....uh...what should we do...?"

"Make sure this doesn't reach the ears of the duke and duchess"

"Uh yes, head maid"

Tina was sort of like the head maid's little assistant.

The reason for why she is the head maid's assistant is just her ambition.

The head maid used to be a regular maid, but she was promoted because she would suck up the duchess or the previous head maid.

When the previous head maid retired, she was promoted to become the new head maid.

Tina also had the ambition to get promoted.

"That little wench....she thinks she's all that....what did she do to deserve being born in such a good family..." The head maid muttered.

Ever since the head maid, Shirley was promoted, she acted overly arrogant and cocky.

It seemed the power went to her head.

She was still quite young. Currently she is only 36 years old.

She believed she was decent looking. So everytime a rich noble would come to the mansion, she would always try to gain their attention. Unfortunately for her, it never worked.